Biblia on iPad

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2608
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:58 PM

Just wondering if anyone has found Biblia viable on an iPad. I am asking mainly out of curiousity.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2784
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:24 PM

Not really. I cannot get the reader pans to scroll.

Posts 87
Ray D | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 8:45 PM

Have to agree with Kevin. When running the "mobile" mode, it is minimalistic in what is displayed. If run in "standard" mode it looks a lot nicer, but the scroll doesn't work. If that were to get fixed, I think it would be at least viable.

Posts 87
Ray D | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 8:55 PM

Correction... just got the scroll to work in "standard" mode. Have to swipe it with two fingers on a diagonal. A little clunky, but seems to work. I'll have to play with it a bit when I have a little more time.

Posts 62
Jason Ledbetter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 8:57 PM

I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to reply to this thread from my iPad... but alas the widget for text entry won't work with Safari on ipad...

ANYWAY. Yes, using TWO fingers one can scroll inside the "app" instead of scrolling safari itself. One shouldn't have to perform any diagonal motions....

-jbl

Posts 2784
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 9:32 AM

Ray D:
Correction... just got the scroll to work in "standard" mode. Have to swipe it with two fingers on a diagonal. A little clunky, but seems to work. I'll have to play with it a bit when I have a little more time.

Good find. Curious from the developers, why is this the way to do it and not just a regular scrolling with a finger? Sure there is a technical reason, so if its not too technical I'd be interested to learn why.

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 9:51 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Good find. Curious from the developers, why is this the way to do it and not just a regular scrolling with a finger? Sure there is a technical reason, so if its not too technical I'd be interested to learn why.

That's a better question for Apple developers; we have no control over it. Mobile safari doesn't allow you to scroll a div with 1 finger. I suspect it's because it could make it confusing for a user trying to scroll the whole page, but that's just a guess. 

Posts 87
Ray D | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:06 AM

jbl:

ANYWAY. Yes, using TWO fingers one can scroll inside the "app" instead of scrolling safari itself. One shouldn't have to perform any diagonal motions....

-jbl

You are correct on the diagonal part. After reading your post, I dig some digging and discovered that there is a setting in my primary iPad bowser (Atomic Web) where two fingers swiped up, takes you to the homepage. That's why it would only scroll for me when swiping on diagonal. I removed the defunct setting in Atomic and now I can swipe up or down with two fingers to get it to scroll.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS