Searching

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 15
Carnell Butler | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 11 2010 1:10 PM

how do i do this search.  I was looking for the verse that had the words Stir and Gift in it. how do i type those words in the search bar to find that verse?

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 1:21 PM

Click the search button and choose "Bible" as your type of search. Use the word AND (notice all capitals) between your two search terms.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 1:24 PM

Carnell Butler:

how do i do this search.  I was looking for the verse that had the words Stir and Gift in it. how do i type those words in the search bar to find that verse?

Peace to you, Carnell!  *smile*    And, Joy in the Lord!

This is one way ...    Other forum members may know a better way...

open Search

Bible

All Bibles            "search" stir NEAR gift

Here is a screenshot:

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2915
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 1:26 PM

Here is a video of how to search and the various views. At the end I show you how (in analysis view) to sort your results by verse, but for this search, grid view may be the most helpful:

http://screencast.com/t/NmJjMDdhOTIt

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 4914
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 1:28 PM

Carnell Butler:

stir AND gift will do it, the trick is to search the appropriate set of resources:

Initially I did not get a result when I searched my preferred translation.  My Top five bibles did not give a result either, switching to searching all bibles found some verses that matched the criteria.

EDIT Note: Looks like we got agreement on the answer Big Smile

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:26 PM

Rick Hypes:
Click the search button and choose "Bible" as your type of search. Use the word AND (notice all capitals) between your two search terms.

(FYI)

Actually the search term "AND" is not required. Just a space between the words will give the same results as putting "AND" between them.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 4914
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:33 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Rick Hypes:

(FYI)

Actually the search term "AND" is not required. Just a space between the words will give the same results as putting "AND" between them.

Thanks for the reminder on this Richard.  When it comes to constructing searches I tend to be old school and like explicitly spell out exactly what I am doing and forget about these shortcuts.

Posts 15
Carnell Butler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:38 PM

Thanks so much. I have alot to learn here.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:44 PM

Carnell Butler:
I have alot to learn here.

Welcome to the Forum!

The wiki might help with this.
see Detailed Search Help for help on searching
see Table of Contents  or  Visual Table of Contents for other wiki pages

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS