Hebrew Text

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9
Matthew Robards | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 17 2010 3:14 PM

I am a seminary student. Whenever I copy hebrew text from logos or open up a file my professor gave me the formatting of the text is wrong. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix the problem? it's like my computer won't read Hebrew text correctly. I use word for all my documents.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 3:19 PM

One work around I have found out is to take a screenshot to put it as a picture.

Blessing,

Philana

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 3:35 PM

Matthew Robards:
I am a seminary student. Whenever I copy hebrew text from logos or open up a file my professor gave me the formatting of the text is wrong. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix the problem? it's like my computer won't read Hebrew text correctly. I use word for all my documents.

As discussed elsewhere, Apple has severe limitations when it comes to the display of Hebrew text (and text from some other ancient languages, like Syriac). The only word processor on the Mac that we know of that handles it is Mellel (http://www.redlers.com/). You can get it for US $35 if you're a student.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 91
Seth Hewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 19 2010 3:39 PM

Matthew Robards:
Whenever I copy hebrew text from logos or open up a file my professor gave me the formatting of the text is wrong. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix the problem? it's like my computer won't read Hebrew text correctly. I use word for all my documents.

Matthew, Word for Mac does not handle right-to-left text, so Hebrew will never work with it. (Word for Windows does). Pages '09 works, sort of, but the placement of the pointing is not very good. As David said, Mellel is the only Mac word processor that handles Hebrew text well.

Seth

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS