Gold: Hovering over "circular chart" in BWS spikes CPU for 2 minutes at a time

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 19 2010 12:25 PM

Did a Bible word study on אָהַב and then hovered over the various segments of the circular chart (shown below).  The result is a spinning circle thingy on the right of the translation panel and about 2 minutes of all 4 cores (i7 cpu) maxed out for about 2 minutes.  During this time L4's memory usage climbed to 724MB.  I have 8GB and L4 runs okay, but 724MB is a lot of RAM...  Anyway, I don't mind too much about the RAM but the 2 minutes with all 4 cores running flat out isn't doing much for either Bible study or battery life.  

It's worth mentioning that hovering over either the large segment of the chart, or smaller segments results in the same behaviour - large spikes in CPU usage and spinners that spin on and on.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 21 2010 5:48 PM

Stuart

I replicated this without any difficulty. Had to force quit to end spinning disk.

Logs attached for developers.

Every blessing

Alan

58767.Archive.zip

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 3176
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 9:59 AM

I haven't been able to reproduce on the public build or internal build. I'll see if there is anything we know about concerning this and if not post Alan's logs with a case concerning this thread. 

Posts 75
Glenn Gervais (google) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:48 PM

Stuart-

It is doing this to generate the tool tip. This can take a long time depending on what you are trying to get more information on.

Hovering over "dearly" is very quick as only 4 Hebrew lemmas translated into "dearly" were found.

Hovering over "set his heart in love" (or "will love") is taking a long time as we search for Hebrew lemmas for each word in the phrase ("set", "his", "heart", "in", "love").

We are doing a lot of work to generate the reverse graph. It does take longer on the Mac then Windows. We have a bug written up for this and will address this issue.

Glenn

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS