Visual Filters copy and paste into MS Word?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 21 2010 9:28 PM

(Adapted from a Mac forum question):

Is there any way to keep the colors applied in a visual filter when copy and pasting text into Microsoft Word so I can print out hard copies that have the morphological colors I selected for my Visual Filter?

E.g., I color finite verbs blue, participles red, infinitives green, relative pronouns brown, and prepositions orange. But when I cut and paste a visually-filtered/colored passage from UBS4 to MS Word, I lose all the colors. Sad

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 12:31 AM

I would have expected the new Print/Export feature (in Logos 4.1, Windows version shipping any day now; Mac to follow at some point) to preserve colors. But I just tried it, and it doesn't. Sad That's a deficiency (I think), and I'll report it separately.

In the meantime, the only way to do it would be to do a screen capture and paste that into Word or MS Paint and print that. Here's some info on how to do a screen capture (aka screenshot): http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 12:41 AM

Rosie Perera:

I would have expected the new Print/Export feature (in Logos 4.1, Windows version shipping any day now; Mac to follow at some point) to preserve colors. But I just tried it, and it doesn't. Sad That's a deficiency (I think), and I'll report it separately.

In the meantime, the only way to do it would be to do a screen capture and paste that into Word or MS Paint and print that. Here's some info on how to do a screen capture (aka screenshot): http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Note: I just realized that Print/Export does preserve the colors if you export to XPS format (Microsoft's answer to PDF format). So that would be an option for you. If you're running the Windows version and you've got 4.1 RC2 (or can wait another few days; 4.1 should be released very soon), or can run the Windows version on the Mac via Parallels (or some other virtual machine software) then do this:

• Select the text you want to export.
  • Choose Print/Export... from the resource's panel menu.
  • Under "Save as file:" click "XPS Document"
  • Give it a name and click Save.
  • Open it in any software that can read XPS format (which includes Internet Explorer).
  • Print from there.
Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 4:55 AM

Thanks, Rosie. I always wondered how to do a screen-shot.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS