Crash selecting Collection

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 24 2010 7:33 PM

I have had a series of crashes tonight, each one caused by attempting to select a collection in the drop-down list of the Collections window. I cannot use any collections at this point. Ideas?

Log files attached.

7536.Logos4Crash (2).zip

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 9:27 PM

Further study seems to indicate that selecting only certain collections produces a crash. The way around is to note which ones create a crash (unfortunately, one at a time), delete them after reopening Logos, and create a new one in its place.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2010 1:35 AM

Is this linked with your indexing crash? I did wonder whether that was caused by corrupted downloads. Either way, as you've had multiple crashes in the last week, apparently from corrupted files, it might well be worth doing a thorough scan of your hard drive.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2010 8:23 AM

Actually this is the file you helped me recover last week. I have two set-ups: beta and normal. They are actually on different drives so it is unlikely the two are linked by drive problems. I did run a drive check on both drives and turned up nothing.

I can continue to fix these collections one at a time, which is what it seems I'll have to do. Even many of the collections that don't crash have been populated with random extra resources so I have to go through every one eventually.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS