4.1 release

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25
Paul Schack | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 24 2010 8:40 PM

from the information on the forums it sounds like the 4.1 release is available.  I have automatic updates enabled but I don't show an update happened.  My system says everything is up to date.  Will this update automatically or am i missing something?

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 8:55 PM

I have only seen reports of "Release Candidates" at this point - these are not the Gold release that most of us are waiting for.  When 4.1 goes gold, it should be automatic - though it may not start until you close LOGOS and restart it.  I am not a MVP, so I have been known to get my foot in my mouth in the past - though most of us are hoping that the Gold release does not come till Monday, certainly not over a weekend when Customer Support is not in the office and many of us are in the business of finishing sermons.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3073
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 9:03 PM

is this a beta version?

mm.

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 9:07 PM

"Release Candidates" are still part of the Beta stream.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3073
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 9:10 PM

fair enough. Looking forward, as we all are to the 'bug-free' release.

mm.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:13 AM

Just to confirm what was said above, RC's are still on the Beta channel. I suspect with the current 4.1 RC2 that there will not be much more done before 4.1 SR1 is released. When that happens it should be automatically detected when you start L4 (assuming you are connected to the internet.

If you would like to have the benefits of 4.1 (Printing, Sentence Diagrams, etc.) RC2 is very stable and only a few bugs remain to be worked out.

Posts 3073
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:55 AM

looking forward to the diagramming, but not too sure about the bug thing. I'll wait till the "pros" get done with it, then relax and take full advantage of the new release.

mm.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2010 7:05 AM

There is no such thing as a bug free version. Development will continue and bugs will keep getting squashed even after the official 4.1 release.

I believe RC2 is probably the release version, or at least close to it. My suspicion is 4.1 will get its official release October 1st alongside the official release date for the Mac version. It is possible the official 4.1 release will include some bug fixes not present in RC2, but we will see.

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2010 7:30 AM

Milkman:

looking forward to the diagramming, but not too sure about the bug thing. I'll wait till the "pros" get done with it, then relax and take full advantage of the new release.

I've been using the beta version for a few months.  RC2 is very stable.  The bugs that are left are very minor and I haven't even encountered a bug myself.  I can understand if people want to wait for the gold release but RC2 is very usable and very stable.  The benefits of waiting are negligible.  If you want to try it out, type "set update channel to beta" in the command bar and you'll be diagramming and printing in a few minutes. 

Posts 61
David Sawyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2010 8:56 AM

Is it possible to update to the Beta now, and then once the 4.1 final release has been made stop getting the beat updates.

In other words - now this is mostly bug free I'm considering updating, but I don't to get involved in the next round of beta testing after the launch of 4.1

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2010 9:04 AM

yes you can, read this link.

The Logos 4 Beta Program

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 61
David Sawyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2010 9:08 AM

Thanks Jerry.

I think I'll try it tonight.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS