Discounts on Zondervan's Logos editions for Pradis users

Page 5 of 10 (194 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 193 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 648
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:26 PM

How are we going to be able to prove to Zondervan that we have old Pradis software? I don't think I have the actual box anymore.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:55 PM

You probably don't need to worry about it.

There is always the possibility of sending in the original disks  (disc). In the old days you would send in the install floppy. Or they could offer the discount to only those they have in their registration database. That would cut out half of all users. and still let them say they made a genuine effort.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 124
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:40 AM

I purchased Pradis a few years ago because I wanted to go from my print resources to electronic.  I doubt that I will purchase the same material again just to have it in Logos format as much as I would prefer that.  I will have to be content in opening up Pradis if I need to refer to the Expositor's.

I also have an older version of Quick Verse, 8.0 I think.  That also has materials I would love for Logos such as Keil and MacArthur's commentaries.  Looks like the same boat for that also.

don

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 6:54 AM

DonaldGFisher:

I purchased Pradis a few years ago because I wanted to go from my print resources to electronic.  I doubt that I will purchase the same material again just to have it in Logos format as much as I would prefer that.  I will have to be content in opening up Pradis if I need to refer to the Expositor's.

don

I'm in a similar boat as you are and I don't mind opening up other software programs to get to resources I already have rather than spend more.  There are some really good resources offered with free Bible software that I've been able to gather together.  Although many prefer having it under one roof.

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 1:03 AM

DanPritchett:

Not yet. The "powers that be" at Zondervan are actually reading over all the feedback on this forum to inform their decision.

Dan, could you or someone else please tell me why people in Australia cannot purchase the NIV or TNIV? I would LOVE to use it for sermon prep as I preach from the TNIV but according to CS, the decision is entirely Zondervan's call. I own the NIV and TNIV on Pradis and it drives me nuts that I can't use it in Logos...

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY FRUSTRATION WITH THIS! Super Angry But I know it isn't Logos' call Smile

Many, thanks

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 1:11 AM

MarkStevens:
Dan, could you or someone else please tell me why people in Australia cannot purchase the NIV or TNIV?

They are both available in Logos 4.0 to Australians

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 1:44 AM

Not in the Original Languages pack (which I own) and I still cant download them!

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 2:47 AM

MarkStevens:

Not in the Original Languages pack (which I own) and I still cant download them!

My bad - I didn't know you still couldn't purchase them separately.

But, they ARE available to Australians (in some packages)

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:26 AM

I am not so sure about that. I remember reading somewhere that they were removed from all overseas packages - could well be wrong on that though.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:32 AM

MarkStevens:

I am not so sure about that. I remember reading somewhere that they were removed from all overseas packages - could well be wrong on that though.

They definitely used to be - but others have reported their delight in finding the NIV in their overseas installs (maybe a mistake)

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:03 AM

DanPritchett:

We are working with Zondervan right now on the plan to help existing Pradis users get a discount on the Logos editions of Zondervan's titles.

Dan,

Any idea when these titles will be available? I know I'm pressing you for a date but I just don't know what, in terms of time, "under development" really means. I've had several products preordered only to cancel the orders because it took so long. For instance the Hebrew module has been "under development" for about a year. I had preordered it but  just got tired of waiting. Are we to expect the Zondervan titles will have a similar time span under development?

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:55 AM

James Thompson:

DanPritchett:

We are working with Zondervan right now on the plan to help existing Pradis users get a discount on the Logos editions of Zondervan's titles.

Dan,

Any idea when these titles will be available? I know I'm pressing you for a date but I just don't know what, in terms of time, "under development" really means. I've had several products preordered only to cancel the orders because it took so long. For instance the Hebrew module has been "under development" for about a year. I had preordered it but  just got tired of waiting. Are we to expect the Zondervan titles will have a similar time span under development?

Something I read, either in the Zondervan site or discussion here, indicated that we're probably looking at early 2010 (January/February).  Oh, here's the link: http://www.zondervan.com/Cultures/en-US/NewsRoom/NewsReleases/Pradis+Logos+Announcement.htm?QueryStringSite=Zondervan

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 11:32 AM

MarkStevens:
Dan, could you or someone else please tell me why people in Australia cannot purchase the NIV or TNIV? I would LOVE to use it for sermon prep as I preach from the TNIV but according to CS, the decision is entirely Zondervan's call. I own the NIV and TNIV on Pradis and it drives me nuts that I can't use it in Logos...

Mark,

Check out my post under the thread titled "NIV outside Americas?"

You will find the NIV with "Anglisized"/"Anglicized" spelling available in Logos format, sold on eBay by a UK seller who ships worldwide. (cheap, too)

You CAN have the NIV in Logos! (In Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Hong Kong, Great Britain..)

(tw: the seller still lists 7 available for the next 12 hours. Search "Complete Holy Bible (NIV - Anglicised) on CD Rom for PC"    I am not in any way connected to the seller,  just trying to help my friends across the waters. Whisper  )

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 2:03 PM

Damian McGrath:
They definitely used to be - but others have reported their delight in finding the NIV in their overseas installs (maybe a mistake)

Damian you really should trust your memory.Wink Yes Australians & overseas customer can now have the NIV,NIRV &TNIV in the new Logos 4 base package. How do i know b/cos i was one customer who did not have the above bibles in V3 but come V4 it is present as an unlocked resource in my Library. I am not sure it will be present in the library of those who have just got the Logos 4 engine or who have gone for the minimal cross-grade. But it should be present in those users library that have upgraded to the new Logos 4 base package.

Ted

24To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore!e Amen.
The Holy Bible : Today's New International Version. 2005. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 2:22 PM

Then why am I unable to puirchase the Niv/TNIV package? Bob, Dan, Rupert?

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 2:45 PM

Mark, we have still not received permission to sell the NIV Family of Bibles outside of the USA and Canada but we are working on it. There is no way to know how long it will take. The contract has already been circling the globe for quite some time.

As you have been reading, the NIV is included in most new base packages, and if you take into consideration the price of the NIV Family Bundle at $79.95 for just three Bibles, (perhaps only one of which you actually were looking for) and the price to upgrade to Scholar's Library from your Original Languages Library for not much more, it may be the best decision to simply upgrade to Scholar's Library as a way to get what you are looking for right away (plus so much more). 

If you upgrade to the Scholar's Library you will not only get the NIV, TNIV, and NIrV but you will get the complete contents listed here: http://www.logos.com/contents/scholars#001

I would say "problem solved" and a bonus to boot. http://www.logos.com/upgrade

If you would rather purchase just the NIV Family Bundle for $79.95 if it finally does become available someday, that is your option as well, but we don't know when or if that will happen right now.

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 2:56 PM

Thanks Dan, I wish I had known that before I upgraded to OL ver 4 - I may have consifdered it. Having said that, I did just purchase the WBC set you offered on special so the "minister for finance" may not be so keen at this stage. I might wait and see what happens next year. If it doesn't happen then I will consider an upgrade.

Thanks for the reply!

Posts 3667
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:09 PM

Hi Dan,

DanPritchett:
I would say "problem solved"

I'd say yes for Bibles, but not quite for the Expositor's Bible Commentary... I didn't see that in the lists of anything in the collections... I upgraded to Platinum.

Is there a plan for the EBC?

Blessings,

Bill

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:21 PM

Bill Stonebraker:
Expositor's Bible Commentary... I didn't see that in the lists of anything in the collections...

Bill, as far as Expositor's Bible Commentary and all the other new Zondervan titles, they are available on Pre-Pub as individual collections or as one big collection. None of the new Zondervan titles are in any of our base packages.

Posts 3667
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:27 PM

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply! I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought I was, however...

DanPritchett:
available on Pre-Pub

I already have it in <shudder> Pradis...

What will it cost me to stop using it? If it cost $100 (my original cost--I've had it quite awhile) or more AGAIN, I'd be disappointed...

Thanks again,

Bill

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 5 of 10 (194 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS