Nice way of searching for footnote references

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25351
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:17 AM

I was reading in Isaiah 41 earlier and was interested in the phrase "righteous right hand" (ESV) in verse 10 and wanted to see if it occurred elsewhere in the Bible. So I selected the phrase, right-clicked on it and selected the "search in resource" option.

By mistake, however, I asked it to search on the Reference as opposed to the Selection which resulted in the search as show below:

So this is showing all the footnotes in the ESV which refer to this verse which - while not what I intended - is a very useful capability.

If I had thought about this, I could probably have worked out how to do it but it was a real pleasure to stumble across it by accident so thought I would share it!

Hope this is useful to someone else as well

Graham 

Posts 27252
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 3:21 AM

Graham Criddle:
If I had thought about this, I could probably have worked out how to do it but it was a real pleasure to stumble across it by accident so thought I would share it!

That Context menu is a wonderful way to discover the syntax for different searches.

If you were doing it yourself try the simpler syntax   <Is 41:10>

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 4:49 AM

<BibleESV> returns exactly the same results as <Bible> or <BibleKJV>. A bug me thinks. I'll report it.

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 11:29 AM

Nice!  Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS