Latest Pre-pub not mobile?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:44 PM

The latest pre-pub that I received (today, 10/5/10) is The Atonement: In Its Relations to the Covenant, the Priesthood, the Intercession of Our Lord, is not available on mobile devices. Is this title not a public domain work? First published in 1882? Am I missing something? This whole issue with licensing on mobile devices is very frustrating. I mean, if it ran straight Win os or Mac OS, like a laptop, there would not be a problem.

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:50 PM

Michael Paul:

The latest pre-pub that I received (today, 10/5/10) is The Atonement: In Its Relations to the Covenant, the Priesthood, the Intercession of Our Lord, is not available on mobile devices. Is this title not a public domain work? First published in 1882? Am I missing something? This whole issue with licensing on mobile devices is very frustrating. I mean, if it ran straight Win os or Mac OS, like a laptop, there would not be a problem.

Logos has said in the past that there is a lag of up to a week for new resources to be added to the mobile environment since they have to index them (and I think they said they do that once a week?).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 2:01 PM

Understandable, thanks for the info. I looked at the product page and did not see the mobile logo and wordage. I was a little excited to kick back and start reading it from my mobile device out on the veranda. Now I have to sit inside at my desk. Ohhh, the inconvenience we are all put through in this world. Crying

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 2:15 PM

Michael Paul:
I looked at the product page and did not see the mobile logo and wordage.

You're right about that.  They have had issues getting some PD works to the iPhone in the past.  Not sure what that was.  Let's hope the slew of PD works they're releasing this month don't get overlooked.

I think they might be waiting to the iPhone logo on the product page until after it is fully available on the iPhone.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:01 PM

I noticed that the Hugh Martin resource is available on mobile platforms now.  However, it still doesn't have the iPhone logo on its product page.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS