Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Juanita Flemming | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 11 2010 9:51 AM

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to copy markups with your text?
  2. Is there a way to create your own markup shapes like circles, squares, etc of different sizes and colors? Is there a way to make your own little markup picture designs (similar to the ones in the Precept Ministries Inductive Bible Study palette?

Thank you so much for any help you can give!

Juanita

Posts 3
Juanita Flemming | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 10:01 AM

Is anyone aware of an add in or symbols file or other kind of file that could be used for Bible marking in Microsoft Word?

Posts 31869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 12:06 PM

Sorry no one answered. I'd passed it by the first time because I needed to check on your first question.

Juanita Flemming:
Is there a way to create your own markup shapes like circles, squares, etc of different sizes and colors? Is there a way to make your own little markup picture designs (similar to the ones in the Precept Ministries Inductive Bible Study palette?

Yes see http://wiki.logos.com/Highlighting for making your own markups

Juanita Flemming:
Is there a way to copy markups with your text?

Yes, use the print/export function - click on the upper left (book image) of your resource to get the correct menu

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2010 7:00 AM

Juanita Flemming:

I have 2 questions:

2. Is there a way to create your own markup shapes like circles, squares, etc of different sizes and colors? Is there a way to make your own little markup picture designs (similar to the ones in the Precept Ministries Inductive Bible Study palette?

Juanita

Peace to you, Juanita, and Joy!  *smile*

Just noticed that your post is under Logos 3.  I think perhaps that MJ's response is re. Logos 4...

Could you clarify, please, and confirm that it IS Logos 3 you are asking about???

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3
Juanita Flemming | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2010 8:06 AM

Yes, I am using Logos 3!

Thank you

Posts 31869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2010 12:25 PM

Oops, sorry I did answer for L4. In L3 I believe you can make your own styles but you can't print with the highlights.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2010 2:05 PM

Juanita Flemming:

I have 2 questions:

Juanita

Juanita,

We do have some steps on our website which deal with how to print visual markups. The steps can be found here.

Thank you,

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 23
Graham B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 1:15 AM

Hi Juanita,

To create your own markup shapes...

1) Create the shapes you want in a program like Paint.  Save them in a file. (JPEG format works)

2) In Logos 3 select

(a) 'Visual Markup Styles'

(b) 'Edit' to "Edit Visual Markup Styles" window.

3) (a) Suggest you 'Add' a Palette and give it a name of your choice.

(b) Styles for (selected Palette name) - 'Add' to "Add Palette Style".

4) Give your new style a name and go down to "Image" - 'Set' to "Edit Palette Style Image".

5) Select 'Other' to "Open Image".

6) a) Find and select the file created in 1) and the image relevant to the style.

b) 'Open'

Suggestion: Cut and paste the location of the Image file from the navigation line in 1) above, for easy file location.

7) In "Add Palette Style" window - Adjust as required Position, Offset, Color, or Opacity.

Suggestion: Reducing Opacity is helpful if the image is to be set behind the text.

8) "OK" and "Close" to use the new style or "Add" another style.

Enjoy personalized markup styles, they enhance our ownership of God's word.

Graham.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS