Bug in OT Pseudepigrapha (Greek)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 73
Boris Repschinski | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 14 2010 7:49 AM

I did a search today for βασιλεία in the Greek OT Pseudepigrapha, and noticed that the search results are not what they are supposed to be. The issue is:

• Several of the search results are gives as 2 Baruch 14:2, yet opening the reference shows that none of the results actually occur there. Instead, cursory checking revealed that they occur in 3 Baruch.
  • Opening 3 Baruch reveals that it is tagged as 2 Bar 14:2
  • Checking again with Libronix 3 reveals that these issues are not present in the earlier version.
  • In Libronix 3 there are 106 search results, in Logos 4 there are 101 search results.

So there are serious bugs in the OT Pseudepigrapha.

Screenshot included.

Boris Repschinski

Professor of NT Studies

University of Innsbruck

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2010 9:05 AM

Cannot help but wonder about the reliability of all search results. I do not think this is the first issue with search results to come up.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2010 11:02 AM

Boris,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I've looked into this and it appears it's a resource problem. The search returns the same incorrect results on Windows, so it's not a Mac bug. It appears that the book milestones are tagged incorrectly and it requires the resource to be updated. We've filed a bug with the text development team to look into this.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2010 11:34 AM

But, I do have to praise Logos. I have been computing since the mid 80's and have never seen a more responsive or customer engaging software or hardware company. Certain errors may lead to other suspicions as I stated above, but I am never in fear that Logos will not work quickly to correct the issue.

Posts 73
Boris Repschinski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 1:03 AM

Tom Philpot:

We've filed a bug with the text development team to look into this.

Tom, thanks for attending to this matter. I hope it gets resolved soon - at the moment I have to work with the OT Pseudepigrapha a lot and find myself starting up Parallels and Libronix more often than I would wish for.

Is there any way to be notified when this is fixed, or will the fix just disappear in one of the anonymous downloads?

Boris Repschinski

Professor of NT Studies

University of Innsbruck

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 9:38 AM

Boris Repschinski:
Is there any way to be notified when this is fixed, or will the problem just disappear in one of the anonymous downloads?

The latter.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 7
Tom de Bruin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 2:43 AM

I don't know if this variation of this bug was also noted.

Sometimes hits in the Sybilline Oracles show up as in 1 Enoch. Attached image is an example of a search for πνεύμονι συμμάρψουσιν in the Pseudepigrapha. The only hit is in 1 Enoch 32.6, but clicking on it leads to Sibylline Oracles 14.204. Strange indeed.

As far as I have noticed, this only occurs with Enoch and the Sibylline Oracles...

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 3 2011 6:13 PM

Seems to be fixed in today's update.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS