Orthodoxy resource by Chesterton

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2353
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 15 2010 5:27 AM

I've not heard of this resource, but it was advertised in Logos' Newswire and I was looking for peoples' opinion on it.

http://www.logos.com/ebooks/details/ORTHODOXY

Thanks,

Ron

Posts 18752
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 5:49 AM

Orthodoxy is a great classic! Chesterton is truly a craftsman at his art, and one of the most prolific 20th century authors. My pastor Earl Palmer used to quote from this and recommend it all the time; it's one of his favorite books. Here's a podcast of him introducing the book on "The Kindlings Muse" hosted by *** Staub.

If you happen to have Christian History Magazine in your library, there's a whole issue on Chesterton. Here are a couple of quotes from it:

"Etienne Gilson, the great medievalist of the mid-century, called Orthodoxy the best apologetic the twentieth century had yet produced."

Philip Yancey writes, "There have been people to whom I have strongly recommended the book Orthodoxy who come back and say, 'I wasn’t able to get into it at all.' It takes some work, but it’s definitely worth it. I would say Orthodoxy had as much influence on my spiritual direction as any single book, and it’s one of the few books that I go back and reread. It was a revolutionary book for me."

---------------

Orthodoxy is well worth twice that sale price. I'd jump at it if I didn't have it already.

Posts 2353
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 5:58 AM

Thanks Rosie - I will get it.  I do have the Christian History Magazine so I will have to read that article also.

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 15 2010 6:31 AM

YesYes on Orthodoxy!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS