Error getting file security message when trying to run today's install update

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 19 2010 3:16 PM

Logos downloaded a 44.5Mb update today. When I restart Logos to install it, it goes for a while but keeps failing with this message:

Error etting file security c:\Users\Jim Snowden\AppData\Local\Logos4\System\sv-SE\Libronix.DigitalLibrary.Resources.resources.dll
GetLastError:5

ANything I can do to fix the problem or is it a problem in the installer?

I've tried removing the .msi it downloaded, and it downloaded it again but gives the same problem

Thanks,

Jim

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 4:33 PM

Based on a Google search for that error message, I think this might have something to do with UAC (User Account Access). Are you running the install program as Administrator? I'm not sure I know enough about this to help you troubleshoot the problem, but hopefully by mentioning that I'll spark some recognition in someone else who will be able to help you. There's some info about "Run as Administrator" in this thread, though it doesn't specifically mention the error message you're getting: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/3539/38467.aspx

Posts 25579
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 8:30 PM

Sounds like you might have to run L4 "as administrator" and re-attempt the update. Or run the program downloaded from http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe in the same way.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 1:20 AM

Thanks for the ideas.

I tried running as administrator, turning UAC off, and switching off all antivirus programs just in case. But get the same message. Previous automatic installs have run fine (many updates run over last year on my PC), so I think perhaps something is different with this latest update rather than my PC?

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 1:33 AM

Jim Snowden:

I tried running as administrator, turning UAC off, and switching off all antivirus programs just in case. But get the same message. Previous automatic installs have run fine (many updates run over last year on my PC), so I think perhaps something is different with this latest update rather than my PC?

Could be something different in the update, but it's not affecting other people, so there still must be something different about your PC. I'm out of ideas though. I think you'll need to call Tech Support during business hours -- they'll have you up and running in no time.

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 12:16 PM

In the end I deleted the sv-SE directory and reran the Logos4setup.exe and it installed fine. Not sure what had happened!

Jim

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 12:37 PM

Jim Snowden:

In the end I deleted the sv-SE directory and reran the Logos4setup.exe and it installed fine. Not sure what had happened!

Good, I'm glad that worked.

Are you using the Swedish UI? That's what that directory is for.

Posts 25579
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 7:56 PM

Jim Snowden:

Jim

That beats long-winded diagnostics! When the OS has problems accessing/updating, forcing it to recreate the file/folder will often work.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS