Idea for prepubs...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 6104
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 19 2010 5:55 PM

I have a good idea to get prepubs.  There will be one catch only.  Here it is: Have Logos allow us to have a payment plan on prepubs, and we can start paying when the prepubs ship, but we cannot cancel our orders or return them.  We're locked in and responsible for paying.  That way if we see some titles we like, we have time to think about it and then if we decide to go on payment plan we can do so getting the prepub price.  This will help in the sense that we won't have to pay for the whole prepub price when the item ships, but it will not help in the sense that we will not be able to return it due to the privilege we had of locking in the prepub price on payment plan.  Of course, you would still have access to the regular "get charged for the whole thing when it ships" but at least you would have the other option of prepub price on payment plan if you want it.  By the way, the pay the whole thing when the prepub ships will continue to have the privilege of returning the item if you're not happy with it.

So, what do you think?

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 6:11 PM

Just a question: I've never bought a regular item on a payment plan. Are those returnable? If so, why shouldn't pre-pubs on a payment plan be the same way? If you hadn't finished paying for it yet, you'd only get back the portion you'd paid already (less the handling fee for the payment plan). And you could only do that within 30 days of it shipping, regardless of how far along you were in the payment plan.

I think that would be fair.

Still, I think far better would be for people to set up their own payment plans and stash away money in a savings account each month in advance of spending it on Logos products. That way not only are you potentially earning interest on it while you're saving it up, but you're also not paying a fee for the privilege of extending the payments out beyond when you take possession of the item. In the present economy, going into debt for consumer items just doesn't make much sense anymore. Maybe Logos should offer a no-fee layaway program. I hear layaways, invented during the Great Depression, are making a comeback due to the current Great Recession.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS