Update Causes Parallels to Launch

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 234
David | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 25 2010 7:50 PM

Support,

I have a mac running Logos 4 Mac, and I also have a Windows version of Logos that I don't use very often. Several times I have noticed that a dialog box comes up on my Mac stating that updates are available. When I click ok, my Parallels Windows launches (I'm assuming to launch Windows Logos), which is not only unexpected, but I really don't want it to do this. Not only does my Mac versions shut down and start to reindex, but my Windows version tries to do the same. Bottom line, this completely freezes my whole system. Is there a way to turn off this dialog and behavior? Thanks.

Dave

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 7:55 PM

Wonder about changing Parallels virtual machine configuration:

http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v6/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/

Introduction

+ Configuring the Virtual Machine

++ Options

Security Settings (e.g. Isolate Mac from Windows) OR Application Settings (e.g. Share Windows applications with Mac)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 8:22 PM

I suspect it's a parallels configuration issue as well, although I don't have Parallels, so I can't give any guidance for how to make it quit doing that.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 10791
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2010 3:31 AM

I regularly run L4 Win under Parallels 5 and Windows XP, Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), but I have never had the problem noted by the OP. This has also been reported in another thread, but I could not find it. Perhaps it was on a different Logos Forum.

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

++ Options

Security Settings (e.g. Isolate Mac from Windows) OR Application Settings (e.g. Share Windows applications with Mac)

I have not chosen to isolate Mac from Windows and I have checked Share Windows applications with Mac. I am almost certain that this is a configuration issue, but I could not find a setting that would seem to affect this, unless it is Options, Internet Applications. I have everything under that heading set to "Open in Mac OS X".

Posts 82
David L Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2010 4:46 PM

For the record, I have the same problem/situation. I have noticed it for some time now (not a recent development), and I have have learned to ignore it. I will try to reconfigure settings and if I find a solution I will report it. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we can only test this sporadically since we have to wait for updates to be available.

dla

Posts 216
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2010 7:28 PM

I have the same problem. It's been reported on two other posts. It began for me after I installed the Logos4Mac 4.0 beta a few weeks (month?) ago. It had never happened before with all the Mac betas leading up the the release.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS