Bug: Morph. Search Double Hits

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 493
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 28 2010 10:15 AM

The morph. search is reporting a single instance of a middle verb in a particular verse twice. I saw this behavior at 8:9, 11:16, 26:45, 27:34, 27:52 and 28:13 in the report. (This issue might already be known, but I wanted to make sure.) For example:

Posts 25188
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:27 PM

If you look at the results you will see that the word has two morphologies eg. Matt 27:34 satisfies @VR[^A]

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25188
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:07 PM

In terms of the exclusion of the lemma the query is evaluated as:

... @VL[^A] OR @VF[MU] OR (@VA[MU] ANDNOT lemma:ἀποκρίνομαι@VAP)

because AND'd terms are executed before OR'd terms. So the query only excludes verses in which @VA[MU] occurs with the lemma! If you wanted to exclude occurrences of the lemma with ALL the previous terms you need

(... @VL[^A] OR @VF[MU] OR @VA[MU]) ANDNOT lemma:ἀποκρίνομαι@VAP

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 493
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 28 2010 7:29 PM

Dave Hooton:
the word has two morphologies

Dave, this seems to be the same issue you and I have both posted about previously.

Posts 25188
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 29 2010 12:36 AM

Brian Davidson:
Dave, this seems to be the same issue you and I have both posted about previously.

They are (slightly) different issues. The previous post is a bug with counting the hits of a lemma@morph search. The double hits from your morph search above arise because two morphologies are assigned to the one word. I would have been content with that until I tried a couple of queries:-

RI       GNT                     RI = ESV, LEB, etc    GNT = LGNTI, NA27

@VR[^A]                                           2          2         for a word with alternative morpholgies         

lemma:μίγνυμι@VR[^A]                1          3          in Matt 27:34  where lemma has alternative morpholgies

lemma:γράφω@VR[^A]                1           2          in Matt 27:37  where lemma has one morpholgy  (NOTE UBS4, Byz & Scrivener 1881 give 1 result)

Clearly Logos aren't sure how these results should be counted!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25188
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 29 2010 1:11 AM

Dave Hooton:
Clearly Logos aren't sure how these results should be counted!

On reflection, the results for  @VR[^A] are correct because it gives the number of occurrences of that term!

The lemma@morph results should always be 1 because the question is HOW MANY lemmas satisfy that morphology. If you want to dig deeper then Analysis will provide the details.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 493
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:01 PM

This is screwy.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS