Posts 7285
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2020 6:39 PM

JohnB:

bump

CARTA is here already, just pre order 😉

Posts 3712
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 11:12 PM

For anyone who hasn’t visited the forums in a while, there are 13 Carta Jerusalem Pre-pubs (and a bundle) available at the store...

https://www.logos.com/search?filters=publisher-7940_Publisher&sortBy=Relevance&limit=30&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=availableToMe

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 195
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2020 1:44 PM

Paul Yeager:

Does anyone know if the Sacred Bridge has all the maps and information that the Carta Atlas (MacMillan) has or is there information in the Atlas that is distinct from the SB?  If so, what information or maps are uniquely found in the Atlas?

I would love to know the answer to this question as well.  Any updates on when this will be released and on the image quality of the maps?

Posts 10970
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2020 2:49 PM

Michael:

Paul Yeager:

Does anyone know if the Sacred Bridge has all the maps and information that the Carta Atlas (MacMillan) has or is there information in the Atlas that is distinct from the SB?  If so, what information or maps are uniquely found in the Atlas?

I would love to know the answer to this question as well.  Any updates on when this will be released and on the image quality of the maps?

Just repeating earlier information, about 50 pages back (smiling).

1. Macmillan is limited to (1) Canaan/Palestine and (2) the Biblical period. SB is a broader discussion of civilizations in the crescent between Egypt and the Middle East (to include Canaan). And SB covers the Bronze until Bar Kochba. Two different perspectives, but that obviously overlap at historic points.

2. Macmillan maps tend to be utilitarian and cut to the point (essentially boring, from a Bible class POV). SC maps are quite nice, well illustrated, and fun to examine the details.

3. Buy both; return the one you don't need. There's really too much info in both, to decide absent examination. Just like in a book store.

4. Below, are example pages, each followed by example TOC's (both in chronological).

Edit:

paperclip not working ... examples are on p8 of this thread also

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 22 of 22 (425 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 | RSS