question, Mac and Logos related - switching programs while in presentation

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 140
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 10 2010 6:45 AM

OK, I'm going to hope you more-experienced Mac users can help me.

I am running a PowerPoint 2011 Bible class presentation through a projector in a classroom.  I use presenter view.  I would like to switch over on my laptop display to Logos to look up some verses, without the presentation on the projector changing.  Windows can do this, but I have not been able to figure out how to do it with a Mac.  Any of you all know how to accomplish this?  I tried using command - tab, but the presentation closes.

Thanks, and please forgive if this isn't completely suited to the forums (however, its Logos I want to switch to, not Word, Excel, or Mail  ;-) )

Posts 4733
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 8:02 AM

Steven Baxley:
Windows can do this,

That is pretty cleaver.

Steven Baxley:
have not been able to figure out how to do it with a Mac.

I don' think that you can.

Steven Baxley:
Thanks, and please forgive if this isn't completely suited to the forums (however, its Logos I want to switch to, not Word, Excel, or Mail

It is quite suited - we all want to learn new ideas and ways of using the software.

Posts 216
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:02 PM

The problem is with PowerPoint.

This can be done while running a presentation in Keynote (with command-tab), but not PowerPoint. Let's just say that Microsoft hasn't learned to share well.

This has been the case for several years.

Posts 4733
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 2:12 AM

Hi Dan

When I run a presentation in Keynote and press (Cmd)+TAB the presentation disappears from the second screen.

Am I missing a setting?

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 2:53 PM

Mike Binks:

Hi Dan

When I run a presentation in Keynote and press (Cmd)+TAB the presentation disappears from the second screen.

Am I missing a setting?

I do this kind of switching between programs all the time when using Keynote. If your screens are spanned, keep in mind that you'll have to drag the window of whatever program you're switching to over to the projector (or have it set up there already). 

When you command-tab back to Keynote, if your slide was originally in a build state, it will restart to the beginning of the build sequence. That's my only issue with how it works. 

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 4733
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 1:53 AM

R. Mansfield:
If your screens are spanned, keep in mind that you'll have to drag the window of whatever program you're switching to over to the projector (or have it set up there already). 

Thanks Dan, 

However, I read the question as wanting to keep the slide on the Projection Screen while using the second program (Logos) on the Monitor attached to the computer.

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 4:04 AM

Mike Binks:

R. Mansfield:
If your screens are spanned, keep in mind that you'll have to drag the window of whatever program you're switching to over to the projector (or have it set up there already). 

Thanks Dan, 

However, I read the question as wanting to keep the slide on the Projection Screen while using the second program (Logos) on the Monitor attached to the computer.

As far as I know, this is not possible. I don't know if it's a limitation of the OS or the software, but I do not know any way to do this in either PowerPoint or Keynote. 

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS