What happened to word locations in version 4?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Jodey Hogeland | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 10 2010 2:05 PM

In version 3 I was very accustomed to using the exegetical guide for locating words throughout the Scriptures. For example, I used to be able to view a particular verse in the EG - then look at the word by word - then click on the Greek word - a new window would pop-up and show me a list of all the other places that word was used in the Scriptures.

How do I do this in version 4? I just want to be able to cross reference a single Greek word...

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 2:32 PM

The Bible Word Study is the best place to get information about a single Greek word. You can get there by right clicking from a reverse interlinear (http://www.vimeo.com/16546076), from the tools menu, or by clicking on the headword in an Exegetical Guide.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Jodey Hogeland:
How do I do this in version 4? I just want to be able to cross reference a single Greek word...

Click on the greek lemma in the word by word section to open the correct BWS. Bible Word Study should be able to provide the info you're looking for.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 18899
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 5:26 PM

Jodey Hogeland:

I used to be able to view a particular verse in the EG - then look at the word by word - then click on the Greek word - a new window would pop-up and show me a list of all the other places that word was used in the Scriptures.

As others have mentioned, using Bible Word Study is one way to find all the uses of a particular Greek word in the Bible. Once you open BWS, click on the word at the center of the translation ring to show all the places in the Bible where this word is used:

Another way to do this is if you're already looking at the Greek NT, right click on a Greek word there (1), select Lemma (2) in the right-hand side of the context menu (assuming you want to see all uses of all forms of this word; otherwise choose Selection), then choose "Search this resource" on the left side (3):

The results of this will be a Greek search for all occurrences of that word in the Greek NT:

Posts 6
Jodey Hogeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 5:49 AM

PERFECT!! Thanks to all who replied.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS