New Guy Question: Modifying Parallel Resource Sets

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 3
James K. Roundy | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 13 2010 10:54 PM

Hello all. I am new to Logos 4 and must admit I didn't fully take advantage of everything offered in Logos 3. I have what I hope is an easy question. How do I modify my parallel sets? It seems the default is ESV, NIV, NAS NRSV and KJV. I just want it to be ESV, NIV, and NKJV but I am having no luck figuring out how to do it. I admit I am frustrated. I get that way when I think something should be easy to do and I can't figure it out. Thanks for your help. Oh, by the way, this is my first time using the forum as well.

James

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 11:02 PM

Welcome, James!

There's two principles here. Prioritising and Collections:

• Prioritising defines the order in which resources are used. In your case, you'll want that to be ESv, NIV, NKJV, etc. You define priorities from the Library by dragging and dropping (look for the Prioritize button) at the top-right of the library.
  • Collections define the limit of parallel sets. Collections are on the tools menu. When creating a collection, you'll need to make sure the appropriate tick-box is selected, as by default collections are not used for parallel sets.

Finally, if you're talking about Top Bibles, then that's a 'collection' that you can't directly edit. It will just take the first five Bibles (you can't change the number) in your prioritisation list.

Recommended further study:

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS