Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 17 2009 11:30 PM

In the passage guide the NICOT/NICNT appears as the title of the commentary with no reference to the NICOT/NICNT.  For Example, the NICNT on Romans appears in the passage guide as "The Book of Romans". If I didn't know that was the title to the NICNT volume for Romans, it could be mistaken for any other resource.

Is there a way to change this so that it is something like "NICNT - The Book of Romans". I must admit, the lack of naming conventions in the listing of commentaries in the passage guide is sometimes not helpful.

Posts 89
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2009 3:03 AM

I'm pretty sure that we cannot change it Sad.It was something that annoyed me as well. It would actually be ideal if all the NICOT/NICNT had either of those acronyms in them.

It would also be good for the Baker Exegetical Commentary to be BECNT and so forth for the rest of the commentaries rather than the long name. Having authors surnames is also useful, but not widespread! At least on the tabs when the resource is open it uses the acronym.

I look forward to the day when we can tag resources!

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2009 9:42 AM

The current naming convention is not always intuitive, and the NICOT/NICNT is a classic example in things like the passage guide. I hope that in the future we can tweak some of these things!

Posts 3898
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2009 2:38 PM

agreed.  In general, I hear the "my library" is going to be a lot more user friendly.  Not sure how that will translate (if at all) to the passage guide.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS