Can I Create a New Bible?

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 7 2014 5:25 AM

Debtor Paul:

@Matthew Lee

I know I'm jumping in on an old thread, but it caught my eye.

I have recently obtained a usfm of a new translation. I have converted it so that I can view it in Word, with the original markers. I would like to get the translation into Logos. I could go through each and every verse and change the original tags to Logos-acceptable milestones, etc. However, I'm sure there must be an easier way. It would be easy enough to delete all of the markers with find and replace. What I need is some way to replace all of the \v markers with the appropriate milestones. Not only would the \v markers need replaced with [[@Bible:v]], but the correct verse reference would need to be automatically placed in the place of "v". There is likely more that could be done, but this would be the minimum--at least, the minimum to make my life much easier!

Any suggestions?

You can create a macro inside of word that would look for "\" and replace it with "[[..."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 7 2014 9:35 PM

Debtor Paul:
Any suggestions?

Hi Derrick,

Take a look at the template Nathan has provided and see if it is something you can work with. If not, be sure to ask for more input.

I, myself, do not do scripting, do not know Urdu, and haven't created Bibles for Logos in Personal Books. There are several forum users that do make Bibles in Logos. Hopefully they will chime in.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 7 2014 11:46 PM

Tom is right, but usfm format makes it more complicated

No promises, as my experience of usfm a few years ago was highly negative, there have usualy been serious formatting errors which mess things up, but am willing will to have a look..

If you can/are allowed to please send me a copy of the raw usfm file, and I will be happy to have a look for you, my email is pb UNDERSCORE stuff AT domisoft DOT co DOT uk

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 9 2014 12:29 PM

Debtor Paul:
What I need is some way to replace all of the \v markers with the appropriate milestones. Not only would the \v markers need replaced with [[@Bible:v]], but the correct verse reference would need to be automatically placed in the place of "v".

Thread => Power Tip: Using variables to Search and Replace in Word includes a search and replace example =>http://community.logos.com/forums/p/51122/377736.aspx#377736

Using wildcards, Word can replace:

([\\]v )([0-9]{1,3})( )

with

[[@Bible:\2]]\3

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS