HIGHLIGHTING

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 49
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 25 2010 10:14 AM

Hello folks:

I was just wondering if there are any plans in making highlighting more use friendly. As an example I would suggest to add connecting arrows and circles. These two additions, in my opinion would enhance our personal bible studies and make it a whole lot more relevant.

I also believe that some of the markups that we have are unnecessary and could be changed to something more appealing. For instance, who uses "yellow foreground"? I don't see why is there, but who knows maybe you guys can enlighten me a bit more. Wink

Thank you...

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 25 2010 10:55 AM

They have made highlighting totally customizable. Open the highlighting panel, right click, and Create New Style. From there you can create your own custom highlighting style to accomplish what you want to do with highlighting.  

As for yellow foreground: One could combine it with a dark background highlight to make something really stand out:

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 49
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 2:33 AM

Jacob Hantla:

They have made highlighting totally customizable. Open the highlighting panel, right click, and Create New Style. From there you can create your own custom highlighting style to accomplish what you want to do with highlighting.  

As for yellow foreground: One could combine it with a dark background highlight to make something really stand out:

Joseph << Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. Is there a video that shows how to do this? (I couldn't find it) I tried it on my own but the "arrows"  I created look like a "kindergarden" effort on my part... 

Intrigued but grateful, 

Joseph

Posts 25331
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 3:53 AM

Hi Joseph

Mark Barnes has produced a great video on highlighting as per http://community.logos.com/forums/p/26182/193078.aspx

While it doesn't specifically address the question of connecting arrows and circles it does explain what can be done using highlighting. (The section on creating your own styles starts at about 6:18 into the video).

Graham

Posts 49
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 5:19 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Joseph

Mark Barnes has produced a great video on highlighting as per http://community.logos.com/forums/p/26182/193078.aspx

While it doesn't specifically address the question of connecting arrows and circles it does explain what can be done using highlighting. (The section on creating your own styles starts at about 6:18 into the video).

Graham

Thank you Graham, it is much appreciated. However, Mac does not allow me to thicken my underline borders as I would like to do. I wanted to thicken a single underline border but the added feature does not seem available for Mac. What I saw on the video is for windows, and although it is almost the same for Mac (not quite), windows seem to always have the upper hand. 

Any suggestions beside "waiting" until the "upgrade" takes place ion times later? Sad

Posts 25331
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 5:56 AM

Hi Joseph

Sorry, I wasn't aware that there was a difference between Mac and Windows functionality here.

Would another type of line (wavy, jagged, etc) give you something similar to what you are looking for (again assuming this is present in Mac)?

Graham

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 6:31 AM

Joseph Luna:

Mac does not allow me to thicken my underline borders as I would like to do. I wanted to thicken a single underline border but the added feature does not seem available for Mac. ...

Any suggestions beside "waiting" until the "upgrade" takes place ion times later?

You could try a double (or triple) underline. Or a jagged or wavy one.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 49
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 9:23 AM

Yes, thank you Mr Graham. Your suggestion will do for now....

Posts 49
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 9:24 AM

Thank you. I appreciate your input...

Posts 10845
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 5:44 PM

Graham Criddle:

Mark has also made his videos downloadable http://community.logos.com/forums/t/26503.aspx

I added a post to this thread for Mac Users. Since the Mac OS does not like .exe files, you will need to remove that extension in the Finder.

Posts 10845
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 5:47 PM

Joseph Luna:
Any suggestions beside "waiting" until the "upgrade" takes place ion times later? Sad

Do you have access to the Windows version? You can make the changes there, and Logos will synch them to the Mac version.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS