Crash: Indexer keeps crashing.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 12:58 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Richard DeRuiter:

ResourceManager\Resources files missing: 339 files missing (I can check specifics if you want, but don’t suspect this is significant information).

It's actually very likely that one of the resources (I suspect your personal sermons resource created by Sermon File) is causing the crash. I've been able to reproduce the problem with another user's file (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/26674/197229.aspx#197229) but if we can get yours too, we can ensure that the crash you're encountering is also fixed.

I just sent them to the address Melissa mentioned above.

BTW, I just checked the resource folder for the recovered file and notice that the LogosUsersermons.lbxlls file is NOT in the list of recovered files. I might also note that that file was open in my layout at the time of the index crashing issue that started this thing.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 2:08 PM | Locked

Richard DeRuiter:
I might also note that that file was open in my layout at the time of the index crashing issue that started this thing.

Rich, if this is what your sermons are doing to your computer, what are they doing to your congregation? Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 2:13 PM | Locked

We've fixed the problem; the bug fix will be in the next RC.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 2:28 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Will this improve Rich's sermons, too? *wink*

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 2:45 PM | Locked

Mark A. Smith:

Bradley Grainger:

Will this improve Rich's sermons, too? *wink*

I'll check and get back to you Mark. Some of those sermons do have weak endings. Maybe one just didn't really end at all, and that caused the whole mess.

Mark A. Smith:
Rich, if this is what your sermons are doing to your computer, what are they doing to your congregation? Wink

Just saw that quote, and couldn't help but respond. You see Mark, my sermons have a never-ending impact on my congregation [clears throat].

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 2:49 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Thanks Bradley. I saw the same message in the other, similar thread. I'll bait my breath and look to it forwardly.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 2:51 PM | Locked

Richard DeRuiter:
You see Mark, my sermons have a never-ending impact on my congregation [clears throat].

Better than mine. My folks just think my sermons never end.

Richard DeRuiter:
I'll check and get back to you Mark. Some of those sermons do have weak endings. Maybe one just didn't really end at all, and that caused the whole mess.

If it works many of us will want to know and get our sermons into Logos right away. Keep us posted.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS