Linking Multiple Sources on one double click

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Thomas Rich | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 2 2010 10:27 AM

i was wondering if you anyone could point me in the right direction or just tell me 1) if it is possible 2) if yes, then how to link multiple items at once

here is what i am wanting:

When i look at NA27 and double click a specific greek word i would prefer if both the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT) and the Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (EDNT) would open the specific word that i have chosen.  Currently it only opens the TDNT, and frankly i dont even know how that happened

any help?

also is there a way to have greek details open up in a floating bar similar to how accordance functions?

thanks for the help in advance

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 11:25 AM

Thomas,

The TDNT opened up because that's your "preferred resource" for Greek lemmas.

If you didn't set it...then it's the Logos default for your particular library that you have.

If you'd like to change that...go to your library, choose the resource you'd like to be "preferred" and choose "prioritize resources" on the library panel. Then put that resource above all other Greek lexicons.

The actual answer to your question about opening multiple resources on one right click is no, it cannot be done...there are work arounds, but it's not designed in to Logos.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 4:26 PM

Thomas Rich:
When i look at NA27 and double click a specific greek word i would prefer if both the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT) and the Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (EDNT) would open the specific word that i have chosen.

To the best of my knowledge you can't open both at the same time, but if you already have them both opened, you can make them both go to the same word at the same time. You do this by linking: in the tabs' upper left corners, click on the the book covers, and choose a Link Set. You'll probably want A for your Bibles, so maybe B or C for dictionaries. 

I'm not sure what you mean with your last question.

If you're new to Logos I strongly advise you to look through Mark Barnes' videos: http://www.4-14.org.uk/logos/tutorial-videos. They're for Windows, but apart from the first one on installation, it's pretty similar. The interface looks a bit different, you'll have to translate ctrl to cmd, and a few things, mainly printing and exporting, don't work on Mac yet. But in spite of that I still find them much better than Logos' Mac-videos.

Also check out the Wiki. Link at the top of this page.

(Robert

You're doing what I did a month or so ago: confusing 'preferred' and 'prioritized'. Your post should say 'prioritized' in all three places. 'Preferred' is what the Bible you've chosen on the Home Page is. (Only correcting you in order not to confuse the OP.))

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS