Tyndale Commentaries: no series options

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 8 2010 8:52 AM

I just bought the Tyndale Commentaries - both OT and NT (49 vols). To my dismay, there is no option to prioritize them as a series, just as individual resources. From previous posts I see that this used to be possible. What happened, and is the metadata going to be updated?

Posts 774
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:18 AM

Ditto.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:24 AM

The metadata exists.  I have it on my computer.  There is no way to force a metadata update.  I suggest restarting Logos a couple times...although you may have to wait several hours for its internal countdown to decide it's time to check again.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 98
J. Kane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:08 PM

Actually you open your library (right click and float it open is the way I like to do it)...then click on the right side of that window on "prioritize" and simply drag 1 of those commentaries into that list and it pulls them all automatically.  I just re-did it to make sure it works as I have the same set.

I took a picture but this box won't let me paste it.

Blessings.

Posts 3855
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:14 PM

The Tyndale Commentaries were all updated today - was this metadata part of what was updated?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 7:53 PM

Floyd Johnson:
The Tyndale Commentaries were all updated today - was this metadata part of what was updated?

The metadata was updated some time ago. The initial release turned up a number of tagging issues which were fixed with new metadata. The trouble is the CD versions undoubtedly still have the original files that had the problems. After installing them one must wait for the next metadata 'push' from Logos' servers to get everything squared away. There is no way to trigger a metadata download, so one has to be patient.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:19 PM

Todd Phillips:
The metadata exists.  I have it on my computer.  There is no way to force a metadata update.

Perhaps this calls for a new command: "update metadata"

There have been times when I've been waiting on a metadata update that others have already got, and it can be frustrating.

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:26 AM

Yes, the latest update (today) has solved the problem, giving the option, when I right-click any volume in the series, to 'Prioritze this series'. Thanks, everyone.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS