Copying the Greek manuscript

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Bryan Monks | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 8 2010 12:48 PM

Can someone help me? I would like to copy/paste the Greek manuscript transliteration of a word into MS Word, but I can't figure it out. I can't highlight the word or bring up a right-click menu. Maybe it's just not possible. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 1:13 PM

Bryan Monks:

Can someone help me? I would like to copy/paste the Greek manuscript transliteration of a word into MS Word, but I can't figure it out. I can't highlight the word or bring up a right-click menu. Maybe it's just not possible. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I don't think it is possible, Bryan. As far as I know, it's only possible to copy the surface text of a resource, and, with the right copy style, footnotes.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 1:27 PM

Bryan,

If I'm understanding you correctly, this can be done.

Open the ESV (or any Bible that has a reverse interlinear), click display and choose "Manuscript (transliterated)", uncheck "surface" and any other boxes so that only "inline" and "Manuscript (transliterated)" are selected.

Select the text, and either press ctrl+c on your keyboard or right click the word, choose "selection" then copy.

Finally, paste into word!

Posts 3
Bryan Monks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 2:00 PM

Sweet, David! You are now my new best friend!

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 2:49 PM

David B Phillips:
If I'm understanding you correctly, this can be done.

Cool! Never knew that. Thanks for showing me something new, David.

But I can't get this to work for WordPerfect (which is why I thought it couldn't be done). In WP the English text is pasted from a reverse interlinear and the Greek text from a Greek interlinear.

But I can get it to work for Google Docs, so it must be a WordPerfect issue. Thankfully, I don't see a need to do this for myself in WP.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS