Biblia Beta 20 release notes

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 156
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 8 2010 2:01 PM

After months of neglect the mobile version finally got a little love with this release

Features:

• Table of contents in mobile view
  • Searching in mobile view
  • Footnotes in mobile view
  • Restyled mobile view to have slightly less wasted space
  • Added left/right navigation strips along the edges of the mobile view

Bug fixes:

• The back/forward history buttons register opening a non-Bible resource as a history item and generally keep track of history better
  • The "About Biblia" section in the sidebar is no longer hidden by the ad in the corner
  • The reading plan notification icon resizes to fit the number of readings behind you are
  • Media resources once again preload the next and previous images for faster viewing
  • Clicking the "more>>" link in the Bible passage view before the background panels have finished loading no longer breaks things
  • Slightly improved accuracy jumping between double and single pane viewing
  • Opening the resource picker drop down once again puts focus in the filter input box so you don't have to click on it before you start typing

New free resources

• Reina-Valera Actualizada
  • Luther Bibel (1545)
  • Luther Bible (1912)
  • Louis Segond
  • Russian Synodal Translation
  • Greek New Testament: SBL Edition and its apparatus (these were actually in the last release, but I neglected to mention it)
Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 2:07 PM

Looks great! Thanks!!

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 4:59 PM

Thomas Beirne:
Opening the resource picker drop down once again puts focus in the filter input box so you don't have to click on it before you start typing

Thanks Thomas! Much better now! :)

Thomas Beirne:
Greek New Testament: SBL Edition and its apparatus (these were actually in the last release, but I neglected to mention it)

Thanks again. As I've written elsewhere, though, I'd love to see biblia using webfonts (as in my script) to throw the SBL Greek font into the css. I see that it is referenced in the CSS, but not all of my computers have the font actually installed...

Nick

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:30 PM

Nicholas van Oudtshoorn:
I'd love to see biblia using webfonts

We do plan on looking into loading some additional fonts. We haven't added them yet for performance reasons. Font files are quite large, and the variety of languages used in our resources means we would probably need to load several font files. We're doing our best to keep the implementation as lean as possible so the experience remains nice and snappy. We would also love to use some better fonts, but have decided to put it off until we have time to implement it in a way that won't bog things down. Until then, I think your GM script is a great solution :)

Posts 126
Nicholas van Oudtshoorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 5:36 PM

Bryan Smith:
We do plan on looking into loading some additional fonts.

Thanks Bryan - that makes perfect sense. (If only there was a way to use the new(?) localStorage mechanism to save font files the first time they're needed, and then to load them locally in the future... not sure if such a solution exists/is feasible!)

Again, kudos for a great product, and a great development paradigm. I'm particularly impressed with how you guys are keeping us all up to date with the changes that are being made. If development keeps up at this pace... let's just say I can't wait to see where biblia goes! (It's already been over a month (approx) since I opened Logos4 proper!)

Keep up the good work! God bless y'all,

Nick

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 6:11 PM

Nicholas van Oudtshoorn:
(If only there was a way to use the new(?) localStorage mechanism to save font files the first time they're needed, and then to load them locally in the future... not sure if such a solution exists/is feasible!)

Most browsers /should/ cache the font after the first load, unfortunately most browsers also have pretty small caches. No mobile device has a cache large enough for even 1 font file. Most frequent visitors would probably have a better experience, but the first impression is important :)

Nicholas van Oudtshoorn:
Again, kudos for a great product, and a great development paradigm. I'm particularly impressed with how you guys are keeping us all up to date with the changes that are being made.

Thank you! We have really appreciated the great feedback from everyone here.

Nicholas van Oudtshoorn:
If development keeps up at this pace...

Yeah, about that... http://community.logos.com/forums/t/27009.aspx =P

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 6:29 AM

Thomas Beirne:
After months of neglect the mobile version finally got a little love with this release
And I'm enjoying it very much.  Especially the working TOC.  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:59 AM

Thank you. Now we are getting there.

Am I pushing my luck to ask for pop-ups for the footnotes and bible references in the mobile view, like we had at library.logos.com?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS