Creating custom layout

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Jacob Beattie | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 8 2010 2:18 PM

Is there a way that certain panels can get locked so when I click on the edge to make them bigger or smaller they don't move?  I ask because when trying to change the default layout the column that contains the info box and the text comparison box will not get wider and I want to put my commentary over there.  Also I would like to create my own custom layout but every time I save a layout It saves the passage of scripture and will not open to my custom layout when I search for a new passage.

Posts 840
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 2:37 PM

Jacob Beattie:
Is there a way that certain panels can get locked so when I click on the edge to make them bigger or smaller they don't move?  I ask because when trying to change the default layout the column that contains the info box and the text comparison box will not get wider and I want to put my commentary over there. 

You have to drag the info window away from the side so that it changes from the fixed position to a variable one.

Jacob Beattie:
Also I would like to create my own custom layout but every time I save a layout It saves the passage of scripture and will not open to my custom layout when I search for a new passage.

Unfortunately custom layouts only memorize what is open and do not work as a general template. Only the default from the Home Page will automatically open to a specific location. You will need to link your books together before saving the work space, and then navigate in one of the windows to the desired location once the layout is opened.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS