BUG: Hebrew rendering is painfully slow

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 12 2010 2:50 AM | Locked

Drawing Hebrew text seems to have gotten much  slower in the latest (4.2a beta 2).  Scrolling is better in most resources, but scrolling in Hebrew texts (such as BHS) is painful in the extreme - much worse than scrolling ever used to be - almost to the point of being unusable.

I'm running Logos 4.2a beta 2 (4.21.4.8259) on 17" MBP, Snow Leopard 10.6.5, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7 2.66GHz.

Posts 10587
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 12 2010 4:41 AM | Locked

This is the second report of slow operation you have reported that I cannot confirm. Your machine stats certainly seem more than capable. Do you have any other apps running?

I am running L4 Mac, L4 Win under Parallels, and Safari on a Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon with 11 GB of RAM.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 12 2010 5:02 AM | Locked

No, no other apps running (besides Finder and Chrome), and CPU is running at 0% most of the time (as revealed by iStat Menus).

Posts 10587
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 12 2010 5:22 AM | Locked

Stuart Robertson:
No, no other apps running (besides Finder and Chrome), and CPU is running at 0% most of the time (as revealed by iStat Menus).

Perhaps you should submit your logs for the Dev Team to examine. Instructions are contained in the first link in my signature. The second link contains a discussion of Logos Log Scribe which automates much of the process.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:10 AM | Locked

Scrolling in a Hebrew resource is a bit slower than in English or Greek resources, but not painfully slow for me. I'll see if we have any other reports like this, get logs from my system, and run it past development.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 15 2010 8:17 AM | Locked

Thanks Melissa.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS