Searching for a Greek Construction

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 12
Kurt Fenton | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 14 2010 1:46 PM

G'day everyone.  I'm not sure the exact words to use, but this is what I want to search.  

I'd like to find every time the phrase ou me is used with a subjunctive.  

I know there has to be a way to do it - can someone please guide me?  BTW - I have Silver, so I know I have the resources for this study.

Thanks for your help.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:06 PM

Kurt Fenton:

G'day everyone.  I'm not sure the exact words to use, but this is what I want to search.  

I'd like to find every time the phrase ou me is used with a subjunctive.  

I know there has to be a way to do it - can someone please guide me?  BTW - I have Silver, so I know I have the resources for this study.

Thanks for your help.

While I assume you are referring to examples found in the NT, but I expanded it to include other resources as well so as to include use in the LXX.   Screenshot attached.  If you want to limit it, simply change your resources to be searched.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 12
Kurt Fenton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:11 PM

Wow, George, excellent!  Thanks so much.  

Now - next question - is there a place I can go to see all those codes and learn how to do these kind of searches myself next time?

If not, what's your phone number?  Big Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:18 PM

When you enter a lemma in the morph search you will get a drop-down after entering "@" even without specifically attaching it to any word which will allow you to specify what characteristics you want it to find (You don't need to enter every one).  Proximity operators such as NEAR, WITHIN n WORDS, BEFORE (BEFORE n WORDS), etc need to be in all caps.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:26 PM

The wiki is a great place to learn how to search.

See: http://wiki.logos.com/Search_HELP

http://wiki.logos.com/Detailed_Search_Help

EDIT: Also, keep posting questions, someone will be around to help you figure it out.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS