Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
Dan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 17 2010 12:43 AM

Hello!!

It would be great if you had the NIV to be able to be read on your iPad. I wanted to be doing my daily Bible reading on my iPad through Logos. But discovered you don't have it yet for being able to do that as I transferred by Logos library over to my iPad, but the NIV, TNIV and some books wouldn't transfer. 

Anyway, that would be a big suggestion! and the NIV 2011 especially as that will be the version I believe many will read and it would be wonderful not having to use another app to do Bible reading on, but all on Logos. 

Thank you!!!!!! I love Logos! 

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 17 2010 1:08 AM

Dan

I agree completely. I have just ordered my iPad. (It shipped yesterday!) As an NIV - Anglicised reader I would love to be able to do my quiet time with Logos on the iPad.

I think the trouble is Zondervan and their desire for an additional revenue stream from their NIV milch cow. Logos are committed to a single-licence-on-multi-platforms model but they are obviously having difficulty convincing some publishers about it.Sad

In the meantime I'll just have to use my Laridian NIV for Palm, as they allow licence switching (though not multi-platform).

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 17 2010 8:21 AM

Alan Macgregor:
I think the trouble is Zondervan and their desire for an additional revenue stream from their NIV milch cow.

This could be the issue, but I think it might be something else.  Since Biblica is phasing out (in March 2011) the NIV 1984 and the TNIV for the new gender-neutral NIV 2011, we may only see a 2011 NIV on www.biblia.com/iPad/iPhone/iPod.  My prediction is that in a few months, we will have access to the NIV 2011 on www.biblia.com/iPad/iPhone/iPod, but not the NIV 1984 or TNIV.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS