Library Downloaded by library is empty

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8
Brett Wagner | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 18 2010 8:21 PM

Help! I have downloaded Logos 4 and it has run through the usual process (download, index, updates) but when I open it up, it shows my library as empty. I have deleted the data and reinstalled, still nothing. I have tried to force it to update, index and still nothing.

I have attached my logs as well as some scree shots below. Thanks.

Screen Shot: Resource Manager Folder - http://d.pr/KtYQ

Screen Shot: Resource Folders - http://d.pr/PInS

Screen Shot: Empty Library - http://d.pr/pBlX

2768.Archive.zip

Posts 8
Brett Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 8:30 PM

Sorry, post should read, "Library Downloaded but my library is empty"

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 9:12 PM

Brett,

It looks like you have a corrupted resource which is preventing the loading from completing: See this post for instructions on how to enable debug logging, which will allow us to identify which resource is causing the problem:

201767.aspx

Once you've turned the logging on, restart Logos 4 and send us your logs.

Thanks,

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 8
Brett Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 9:43 PM

Thanks Tom,

Not sure if I did that right, but here is a copy of the logs.2211.Archive.zip

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 20 2010 11:29 AM

Hmmm... Didn't see the debug logging turned on.

You should see something like the following printed on the Terminal output if you got Debugging turned on when you run the script:

Default logging level changed to Debug in /Applications/Logos Bible Software 4.app/Contents/MacOS/Bootstrap.exe.config
Default logging level changed to Debug in /Applications/Logos Bible Software 4.app/Contents/MacOS/Logos4Indexer.app/Contents/MacOS/Bootstrap.exe.config

Posts 8
Brett Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 20 2010 12:34 PM

22885.Archive.zipOk, try this one.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 20 2010 3:43 PM

Brett,

I still don't see the debug logging in your Indexer.log.

The problem appears to be an .lbxlls (Logos 3/Libronix 1.2) or .lsf (Logos 2.0) resource that is preventing indexing.

If we can get the debug logging turned on, I could tell you which file to move or delete from your downloaded resources folder to get you working again. Then you could "Update resources" to re download the files you deleted.

Can you copy and paste the output from Terminal when you run the EnableDebugging script I provided the link to earlier? (Or just let me know if they weren't clear and I can walk you through the process again).

Posts 8
Brett Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 27 2010 9:49 PM

Tom

Thanks for the heads up on the Libronix resources, that was the problem. I deleted the resource files from an older version of Logos, forced Logos 4 to index, and now everything is downloaded and working fine.

Much thanks.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 27 2010 9:55 PM

Awesome!

Posts 2
Tim Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 11:52 AM

I'm running Mac OS 10.6 and Logos 4. Logos 4 hasn't (ever) recognized any of my resources (free, unlocked or otherwise- nothing). I too had the long download after install and even see a bunch of files in user/tmills/library/applicationsupport/logos4/data/be1khzna.03m/resourcemanager/downloaded. All I see when Logos4 opens is the home screen with "Null" at the top and an empty library. Any suggestions?

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 12:13 PM

If you can post your logs, we can look at your Indexer.log (/Users/tmills/library/applicationsupport/logos4/Logging folder)  Most likely there's a problem with one of the inital resources.

Posts 8
Brett Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 12:14 PM

Tim,

You will probably want to follow the instructions above to download the debug script, but I know for me the issue was leftover resource files from older versions of Libronix software. After deleting that folder everything indexed and ran fine.

Posts 2
Tim Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 12:33 PM

Here's the logging file:

7002.Indexer.log

Brett, It's interesting you had to remove old Libronix files to fix your Logos4. Issues with Libronix 3 was why I moved to Logos 4- I spent about 2 weeks going back and forth deleting specific files. Did you simply delete the the Libronix app, have an un-install or have to manually clean out the files in user/applicationsupport/libronix?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS