Black's Commentaries on Sale

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 28 2010 5:12 PM

Black's commentaries has some notable titles and is part of the the 50% off sale.  You can buy them individually which isn't something you can do with many of the better commentaries. Although I have several good commentary sets, I couldn't pass up 1&2 Corinthians and Philippians.  I am also considering 1&2 Thessalonians, James and 1&2 Peter & Jude.  These I mentioned have a pretty good rating by Best Commentaries.  Any thoughts or experience with these volumes?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 114
James Matichuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 5:17 PM

I added Mark and Philippians to my list this Christmas. I have used the Hooker's Mark commentary in the past and enjoyed it.  I got Dunn's Galatians commentary during the March madness sale. I haven't had much chance to delve into it yet. I almost added the Corinthian commentaries which I hear are fabulous, but instead picked up a couple of Pillar volumes I have been eyeing (Acts & Hebrews).

Posts 112
T MacLeod | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 29 2010 5:40 PM

Dunn's Galatians is very good. I read through Galatians over a three-week period recently, and consistently found myself referring to Dunn more than to Betz, Lührmann, or Longenecker.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS