BUG: L4.2a beta 3 - foreign language used in some resource descriptions

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 468
Anon | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 1 2011 12:50 AM | Locked

Hi Devs,

Happy New Year!

Well this is a new behavior I just stumbled on in my library.  Not certain how many resources are effected by this.  I'm certain you'll be able to fix this.

see screenshot: Confused

logs just in case: Geeked

4657.LogosLogs L Goodwin 20101231-224636.gz

Lauren

Posts 128
Doug Dunbar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 1 2011 12:54 PM | Locked

I get the same thing with these resources, even if you open them and flip to the resource info panel.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 8:38 AM | Locked

The metadata for these resources has been fixed, but it doesn't appear to be overwriting the wrong metadata on your systems. To resolve this, first try entering 'update resources' in the Command box. Checking for updates can take a couple of minutes. If it doesn't find updates, or if the problem isn't resolved after installing updates, the next step is to quit Logos 4 and delete the metadata.db file.

You'll find this file in your Home directory under /Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/uniquefolder/Updates. After deleting the metadata.db, restart Logos 4 and wait a few minutes for it to redownload the metadata, then check the resource info on those resources again.

Posts 468
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 2:48 PM | Locked

Melissa,

thank you for your reply.

Melissa Snyder:

The metadata for these resources has been fixed, but it doesn't appear to be overwriting the wrong metadata on your systems. To resolve this, first try entering 'update resources' in the Command box. Checking for updates can take a couple of minutes. If it doesn't find updates, or if the problem isn't resolved after installing updates, the next step is to quit Logos 4 and delete the metadata.db file.

You'll find this file in your Home directory under /Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/uniquefolder/Updates. After deleting the metadata.db, restart Logos 4 and wait a few minutes for it to redownload the metadata, then check the resource info on those resources again.

However, neither of the solutions resolved the issue - still the same info as in the screenshots.

Lauren

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 3:24 PM | Locked

LGoodwin:

However, neither of the solutions resolved the issue - still the same info as in the screenshots.

I'm checking with development for another solution.

Update:  Development recommends quitting Logos 4, deleting your LibraryCatalog folder under:

/Users/<user_id>/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/<random_characters>/, and restarting Logos 4.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS