"Read Aloud" functionality

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 889
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 1 2011 1:33 PM

I totally appreciate the ability to have Logos read aloud a selection, and have a couple of requests. 

1.  The methodology chosen uses the Operating System's text to speech functionality to convert a Logos book 'stext to speech, and specifically, Microsoft Anna as the only choice for Windows 7 64bit users.  Anna's voice is less than optimal for pronounciation of Biblical names and places, AND mechanical enough to make the Terminator giggle.  Is it feasible to get Logos to interface with third party "voice" vendors apart from the OS' default voice?  The AT&T and naturallyspeaking voices are superior in every way, but Logos can't use them since Win7 can't set them as the default voice.

2.  Biblegateway.org (as an example) makes audio versions of the Bible freely accessible to web surfers for some translations.  Liscensing issues blithly tossed aside, having an Alexander Scourby (KJV) or Max MacLean (NIV, ESV, etc) narrate a Bible translation is the best possible solution... but I'm not holding my breath.

Again, the current implemention fills a HUGE gap, and is functional... kudos and thanks for including this in Logos 4.

Thanks! --Gerry

"I read dead people..."

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS