Qumran Biblical Dead Sea Scrolls Database

Page 2 of 5 (94 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 93 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 4:08 PM

Yes!! I got my notification too. It would appear that a whole lot (surely at this price it can't be all) of DJD will be available. See screenshot.

Big Smile

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 4:29 PM

Hendrik-Jan van der Wal:

Shalom!

As far as I know, you can use Logos with just one resource installed (in your case the Qumran Database). I have to say however that Logos becomes more effective when your library grows.

Did you know that the Logos 4 engine is available as a free download? For more information: http://www.logos.com/support/faq

P.S. If you happen to know Afrikaans: Logos-sa offers a product with a number of resources in Afrikaans and English.

I remember when I was in grad school and my mentor asked if anyone in the seminar read Dutch.  Naturally, I indicated that I did so I got two works to read and review.  One was perfectly simple to read, but the other was the stangest Dutch I had ever seen.  I couldn't find some of the words in a dictionary and it appeared to be an older form of Dutch.  It turned out that it was actually Afrikaans and the words I couldn't find in the Dutch dictionary were loan words from other languages such as English.  If you can read Dutch, you will be able to read Afrikaans, but it won't be easy.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 4:33 PM

Dr. Paul J. Nel:

Wow! That is really quite discouraging. I have sent an e-mail to their customer support enquiring about a release date. I will post their answer here for others as well.

In the mean time, does anybody know of the "The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible: The Oldest Known Bible Translated for the First Time into English" is available in any electronic format?

Does anybody know if the DJD series is available in any sort of electronic format?

Shalom

I have been subscribed to this since 2007.  I note on the "My Prepubs" page that they are planning to ship in February.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 12
Dr. Paul J. Nel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 14 2011 11:40 PM

I sure hope this is going to ship in February as the pre-pub states. According to the info it would be only the Biblical texts of the DSS - which is all I need. I've already got all the sectarian texts in one form or another.

Let's pray brothers and sisters

Shalom

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 1:22 AM

מזל טוב!

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 4:11 AM

Not long now until 16th February! Big Smile

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 8:55 PM

Alan Macgregor:

Not long now until 16th February! Big Smile

Any day now Big Smile - appears pre-publication ready to ship 2/16/11 => http://www.logos.com/product/5961/qumran-biblical-dead-sea-scrolls-database

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 11:14 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

They pushed the date back.  This morning it was still scheduled for today.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 10:52 PM

George Somsel:

Pushed back even more to 3/3/11

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 11:05 PM

George Somsel:

Pushed back even more to 3/3/11

Keep Smiling Smile

Financially attractive, but I want it, I WANT IT, I WANT IT ! 

george
gfsomsel

Posts 12
Dr. Paul J. Nel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 11:09 PM

One has to ponder the cause of the delay... or maybe the initial date was just to show that "something" is being done and to keep someone happy? I mean, why publish a release and/or ship date just to keep on postponing it and not supplying a reason to those who have questioned it?

Just wondering.....

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 11:14 PM

Dr. Paul J. Nel:

One has to ponder the cause of the delay... or maybe the initial date was just to show that "something" is being done and to keep someone happy? I mean, why publish a release and/or ship date just to keep on postponing it and not supplying a reason to those who have questioned it?

Just wondering.....

I'm sure you're aware that these are not in English.  I have been making some noise lately regarding the poor proofing of Hebrew texts (the same would apply to any Aramaic texts).

george
gfsomsel

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 11:17 PM

George Somsel:
I'm sure you're aware that these are not in English.

Aware = yes; also aware of morphological tagging and english glosses (apologies - never an interlinear).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 12:04 AM

Aware = yes; also aware of morphological tagging and english glosses (apologies - never an interlinear).

Let's hope not !

george
gfsomsel

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 1:25 AM

if they are not with english interliniar what do they mean with english glosses?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 1:52 AM

ton verdam:

if they are not with english interliniar what do they mean with english glosses?

Oh, excrement !  Well, hopefully they can be hidden -- that's what I did with the ones in Homer, etc.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 12:33 PM

George Somsel:
Oh, excrement !

LOL - still remember co-worker's "biomass intersection with reciprocating mechanism" expression (tested by MythBusters - stuff splattered in every direction).

George Somsel:
Well, hopefully they can be hidden -- that's what I did with the ones in Homer, etc.

Likewise hoping for Qumran to display like reverse interlinears in Logos - can choose what lines are visible (inline or bottom of panel)

Also wish Hebrew and Aramaic texts had semantic domain numbering for contextual glosses (appreciate Louw-Nida numbers in New Testament - hide literal translation and glosses - can hover for context appropriate gloss that expresses range of meaning).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 12:45 PM

Also wish Hebrew and Aramaic texts had semantic domain numbering for contextual glosses (appreciate Louw-Nida numbers in New Testament - hide literal translation and glosses - can hover for context appropriate gloss that expresses range of meaning).

Strictly speaking semantic domains are really only implemented in L & N for the NT.  While Swanson does include these numbers, it really isn't quite the same as for the NT where you can look through the list for the domain.  I'll take either HAL or BDB.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 2:15 AM

Just to clarify, is the Dead Sea Scrolls Database, a book, that can be read alone, or is it like an app., where you need a separate Dead Sea Scrolls book to read the database? If you need another DSS book, which one(s) do you need to be able to read it?

Page 2 of 5 (94 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS