New KF Base Packages

Page 4 of 7 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 132 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 8252
LogosEmployee

Richard DeRuiter:

2. Will the new 2011 NIV get a Reverse Interlinear, and if so, how soon?

http://www.logos.com/comparison lists NIV Reverse Interlinear with the footnote that the license is included but we don't yet have any files. The reverse interlinear will be for the same version of the Bible that's included in the collection, i.e., the 2011 NIV. I don't know how soon it will be available.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 11:54 AM

Bradley Grainger:

Richard DeRuiter:

2. Will the new 2011 NIV get a Reverse Interlinear, and if so, how soon?

http://www.logos.com/comparison lists NIV Reverse Interlinear with the footnote that the license is included but we don't yet have any files. The reverse interlinear will be for the same version of the Bible that's included in the collection, i.e., the 2011 NIV. I don't know how soon it will be available.

I'm glad that the 2011 version will get the RI.

I also noticed that you didn't answer my first question about the 1984 NIV OT RI. Since it's been a work in progress, I trust it will be finished. But your lack of assurance isn't very assuring.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 12:58 PM

I am happy about the NIV 2011 however the cutting of all Baker titles from the Platinum is actually crippling the package. Those titles had been my main reason to upgrade from the Gold package. I am glad for the Logos policy to leave those titles with the current users but I am really sorry for the new customers. I think Platinum should be filled up with some replacement titles like some of you mentioned already: ISBE, Tyndale and other, but it still would not be the same value IMHO. I see it as a major defeat, especially for the Platinum Package that was in fact the most reasonable value for pastors and teachers.

Bohuslav

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 1:04 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
I also noticed that you didn't answer my first question about the 1984 NIV OT RI. Since it's been a work in progress, I trust it will be finished. But your lack of assurance isn't very assuring.

ditto   Crying

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 7273
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 1:17 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

I think Platinum should be filled up with some replacement titles like some of you mentioned already: ISBE, Tyndale and other, but it still would not be the same value IMHO. I see it as a major defeat, especially for the Platinum Package that was in fact the most reasonable value for pastors and teachers.

I agree with the idea that Logos should fill up Platinum with some replacement titles and have us "Old Platinum" users keep our content and just have us pay an upgrade fee to have access to the new "replacement content" as it's been stated before.  As I said before so say I now again: "I love the fact we got to keep our baker content...pheww!!!"

Posts 34
Andrew Stewart | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 2:27 PM

Wow, this is REALLY disappointing!  Crying

I was planning on upgrading from Silver to Platinum sometime this year and the BECNT was a MAJOR reason I wanted it.  This removes $225 worth of top-notch content from a $600+ upgrade.  Pillar and BDAG are the only other things in Platinum that are really interesting to me.

Makes me wish I picked up the Pillar volumes that are in Plat during the 1/2 off 2010 Christmas sale, then I would consider bypassing Platinum until Logos 5 or whenever they upgrade the packages next.

Edit:  After rereading through the OP and rest of this thread, and looking at the Baker items removed from the Plat package,  I find it to be a little disingenuous of Logos to call this a "minor maintenance update."  I guess how they describe the change doesn't really matter since no one can go back and buy the older version of the package, but I just wish they were a little more up front about it.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 2:42 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

I will be pleasantly surprised it the NIV license allows the completion.   Here is hoping against hope!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 7273
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 2:45 PM

NET Bible notes for 1 Samuel 20:30: "...A better English approximation of the sentiments expressed here by the Hebrew phrase would be “You stupid son of a ***!” However, sensitivity to the various public formats in which the Bible is read aloud has led to a less startling English rendering which focuses on the semantic value of Saul’s utterance (i.e., the behavior of his own son Jonathan, which he viewed as both a personal and a political betrayal [= “traitor”])." 

Well, I guess is updated language compared to the King James old profanity words.  Anyway, as the enigmatic silent sam woud say: "Hmm........Hmm"

Biblical Studies Press. (2006; 2006). The NET Bible First Edition Notes (1 Sa 20:30). Biblical Studies Press.

Posts 8252
LogosEmployee

Richard DeRuiter:

I don't have any information about that, sorry.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 3:07 PM

Douglas Alvarenga:

NET Bible notes for 1 Samuel 20:30: "...A better English approximation of the sentiments expressed here by the Hebrew phrase would be “You stupid son of a ***!” However, sensitivity to the various public formats in which the Bible is read aloud has led to a less startling English rendering which focuses on the semantic value of Saul’s utterance (i.e., the behavior of his own son Jonathan, which he viewed as both a personal and a political betrayal [= “traitor”])." 

Well, I guess is updated language compared to the King James old profanity words.  Anyway, as the enigmatic silent sam woud say: "Hmm........Hmm"

Biblical Studies Press. (2006; 2006). The NET Bible First Edition Notes (1 Sa 20:30). Biblical Studies Press.

Did you censor yourself, or did the forum software censor that quote?

The Message renders it, "You son of a ***!" (let's see if that gets censored - Smile)   EDIT: Yup, that got censored. It was supposed to be S-L-U-T.

Posts 7273
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 3:17 PM

Rosie,

The forum censored that quote...as you may have already found out Stick out tongue

Let's see if it censors the King James Version of 1 Samuel 25:22, "... pisseth against the wall." And Revelation 19:2, "...hath judged the great whore." Deuteronomy 23:2, "A *** shall not enter the congregation..." Alright, that's enough...we wouldn't want to get involved in a discussion of the KJV unique terms like "unicorn" so on and so forth (Job 39:9)...hehehe.

Edit too: only "illegitimate son" got censored.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 3:25 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Richard DeRuiter:

I don't have any information about that, sorry.

Understood. But rather than letting the speculation run rampant, can you please find the answer, or point someone to this thread who can give us an answer?

Thanks

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1886
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 11:06 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
Understood. But rather than letting the speculation run rampant, can you please find the answer, or point someone to this thread who can give us an answer?

I'm looking into this and will let you know when I have a definitive answer.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 4:01 PM

Andrew Stewart:
Wow, this is REALLY disappointing!  Crying

Agree! Fortunately I bought in time, but I feel for you who didn't. Not only does the full Platinum now cost about $420 more than I payed, now it's also got ... well, certainly well above $600 less of resources in it. That's some change for the worse!

Andrew Stewart:
After rereading through the OP and rest of this thread, and looking at the Baker items removed from the Plat package,  I find it to be a little disingenuous of Logos to call this a "minor maintenance update."  I guess how they describe the change doesn't really matter since no one can go back and buy the older version of the package, but I just wish they were a little more up front about it.

Agree on that too! 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 38
jcc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 8:59 PM

Are the new resources available in Logos 3?

I didn't see the usual license upgrade file nor the new files to download after I did the crossgrade.

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 9:23 PM

Douglas Alvarenga:
Anyway, as the enigmatic silent sam woud say: "Hmm........Hmm"

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 8 2011 10:45 PM

jcc:

Are the new resources available in Logos 3?

I didn't see the usual license upgrade file nor the new files to download after I did the crossgrade.

That is another good question.  If the answer be "Nope" I find myself on the better side of the fence this time. I've still got the Baker titles and I would much rather keep my "1984 NIV  only" library holdings than have it be a "2011 NIV only" library.

(This is not to be mistaken as a promotion of NIV over other versions. It is only a preference of the 1984 NIV over the later versions of NIV)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 12
Paul D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2011 6:22 AM

Hey Phil:

Pardon my ignorance but is there any indication the KF upgrade is successfully completed from the Help > About page? Mine shows:

Logos Bible Software 4.0b SR-2 (4.10.4.8574)

My reason for asking is that I submitted for the free crossgrade > downloaded the .dmg image > launched it (with Logos shut down) and, after running, Logos4 simply restarted. So, I've no indication that Logos4 was updated to the KF crossgrade. 

Thanks in advance for your response. 

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2011 6:27 AM

You go through the upgrade process just as if you were going to buy a book or upgrade to a higher base package.  It will then show as an upgrade on your account page with all your other purchases, except the cost is zero.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 847
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2011 6:30 AM

Kinda like changing a 12 oz. drink to an 11.5 oz. can and charging the same price?

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Page 4 of 7 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS