Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 7:25 PM | Locked

fuzzy font on windows 7 system also same problem.Hmm

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 68
Tom Philpot | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:35 PM | Locked

Ben:

fuzzy font on windows 7 system also same problem.Hmm

If there is a problem with Windows font display, it's not the same issue as on the Mac. The Windows and Mac code use platform specific rendering technologies for the font rendering. We've discovered the cause of the issue on the Mac and it will be fixed in the next beta release, while keeping the performance optimization we were going for that introduced the bug in the first place.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 12:44 PM | Locked

Tom Philpot:
We've discovered the cause of the issue on the Mac and it will be fixed in the next beta release, while keeping the performance optimization we were going for that introduced the bug in the first place.

Very nice!

Posts 652
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 9:33 PM | Locked

I was just coming to post this problem. I thought it was just me so I gave it a day or so. I know my contacts makes everything I see a tad smaller, but the font fuzzies on my 13.3" MacBook Pro make it kinda hard to see. I'm glad a fix is in the works.

Posts 92
Martin Diers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 15 2011 1:44 PM | Locked

It's amazing how much we have come to rely upon sub-pixel font rendering on our LCD displays. The moment we are stuck with standard anti-aliasing, it becomes painfully obvious.

And just think - before we all had LCD panels, ALL fonts looked fuzzy.

Posts 1306
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2011 7:06 AM | Locked

Is this problem considered "fixed" in the latest beta? I just jumped into the beta and I see the fonts as fuzzy too....

4.2a Beta 5 (4.21.4.9518)

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2011 10:00 AM | Locked

Mike,

The font display was partially fixed in Beta 5. See this thread/post for more details: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/28896/214021.aspx#214021

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 92
Martin Diers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2011 12:35 PM | Locked

Sub-pixel anti-aliasing is back in B6. Yea!

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS