Visual Filters & Collections

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 12 2011 11:05 AM

Using a passage list taken from OT quotes in the NT I created three visual filters using the Greek,Aramaic and Hebrew as the search basis, and made the filter for the NAS. I then decided I wanted it in the ESV also, so I created a collection of those two English Bibles and changed the visual filter to use that collection.  Then I closed the visual filters.  Later when I opened them, they showed they were using All Resources.  It seems I can only use those filters for either one Bible or all resources. Why is that?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 25353
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 11:35 AM

Hi Jerry

When you say "All Resources" do you mean "All Bibles" or something else?

I have tried to reproduce this - using a cut-down set - and don't see it.

What I did was to set up a simple filter (searching for "God" in Genesis 1 in the ESV)

I then created a collection of the ESV and NAS and applied the filter to that collection.

I closed the collection and reopened it and it was still set to just use that collection.

If you do something like this what results do you get?

Trying to understand whether it is something specific to your filters.

Graham

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 5:45 PM

Here is a screen shot of what is happening.  The change to the visual filter is shown in upper left, before and after.  Click to enlarge.  Is this a bug?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 27258
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 9:25 PM

Jerry M:
 Is this a bug?

Yes it is! I'll report this in the beta forum.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS