Tell us what New Resources?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Greg Gilbert | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:52 AM

Would be great if there were an easy way to see what new resources are being added to my library.  Maybe even in the little window, just say,

"The Following New Resources Are Ready to Be Added (or, Are Being Added) to Your Library:  

Grudem, Systematic

Packer, Knowing God

Whoever, Whatever

Click OK to Continue."

Whaddayasay???  I'm told every once in a while that I have some new resources, but I have no idea what they are!!

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 12:09 PM

Greg,

Welcome to the forums.

The good news is that you can find this out already. Open Library and choose the datasheet view (rather than the book cover view). Right click on one of the column headings to get a list of all the headings available. Choose "Last Updated". Now click on this heading to sort your resources by the last updated date. Your most recent updates will be at the top (you may have to scroll up to see them.)

Also on your Home Page there is a list of any resources that have been updated in the last day or so.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 6
Greg Gilbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 1:08 PM

Thanks, Mark, but I don't see the "Last Updated" field listed.  I'm using the Mac version.  Is it not included in that?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 1:39 PM

Greg Gilbert:

Thanks, Mark, but I don't see the "Last Updated" field listed.  I'm using the Mac version.  Is it not included in that?

I've perused the Mac release notes and it looks like this feature is Windows only at this time. However, the good news is that it should be coming!

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 2:28 PM

If Kevin's right (which I'm sure he is) then you won't see these updates on your Home Page yet. One of the Mac folks may see this and be able to give and ETA for this feature. Much asked for and included with the PC version of 4.2.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 853
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 7:05 PM

The Mac version does display the info on the Home Screen and has the "Last Updated" column in the library.

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:10 PM

Michael Paul:
The Mac version does display the info on the Home Screen and has the "Last Updated" column in the library.

Thanks for the info, Michael. Maybe Greg can give this another look and find the missing piece. I assume it is in the Mac 4.2 version. If Greg is behind in updating he might not have the feature.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 317
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:36 PM

Michael Paul:

Michael,

Are you using a Beta version of the Logos for Mac? 

I am using the latest stable version 4.0b SR-4 (4.10.4.9457) and there is no ' Last Updated'  field in the Library and no info about this on the Home Screen.

Luuk

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:46 PM

The "Last Updated" column was new for 4.2 Win, so it would not be in 4.0b SR-4 yet. It must be Mac 4.2a beta which is reaching more feature parity with the Win version (Handouts is still the major holdout that hasn't been implemented yet as far as I can tell from the release notes).

Posts 6
Greg Gilbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2011 10:44 AM

So does anybody have an idea when the 4.2 for Mac is coming out?

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2011 7:15 PM

Greg Gilbert:

I don't think there will be a 4.2 for Mac. I think they're skipping right to 4.2a, as they're trying to keep up a parallel numbering scheme between Mac and Windows versions from now on. As I said, 4.2a is in beta testing at the moment. They've just released beta 5 on Wednesday. They're doing about one release every two weeks, and there's no telling how many there will be in this beta cycle, but probably somewhere between 3 (the number there were for 4.0b) and 11 the number there were for 4.0. So that means 4.2 will probably ship anywhere between "RSN" (real soon now) and 12 weeks from now.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2011 9:34 PM

Where are updates displayed on the Home Page?  Windows version.

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2011 9:44 PM

Michael Anda:

Where are updates displayed on the Home Page?  Windows version.

Should be right on the first page of content on the Home Page:

Or if you don't see it there, page through the content using the right arrow key at the lower right:

But you've got to have "Updated Resources" checked on the Customize menu in order for this section to show up:

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2011 9:54 PM

Rosie Perera:

Greg Gilbert:

I don't think there will be a 4.2 for Mac. I think they're skipping right to 4.2a, as they're trying to keep up a parallel numbering scheme between Mac and Windows versions from now on. As I said, 4.2a is in beta testing at the moment. They've just released beta 5 on Wednesday. They're doing about one release every two weeks, and there's no telling how many there will be in this beta cycle, but probably somewhere between 3 (the number there were for 4.0b) and 11 the number there were for 4.0. So that means 4.2 will probably ship anywhere between "RSN" (real soon now) and 12 weeks from now.

Wiki page has Beta information (and risks) => http://wiki.logos.com/The_Logos_4_Beta_Program - includes links to current Beta release notes - Logos developers working on print/export plus other 4.2a features => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/19163/214226.aspx#214226 - anticipating stable release weeks from now - should have feature parity except for Handouts (on list to be redone for both platforms).

Mac Beta forum => http://community.logos.com/forums/90.aspx shows several issues in progress, including scrolling speed improvements.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 1:46 PM

Lucky!  These are the customize options on my system.

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 1:48 PM

Michael Anda:

Lucky!  These are the customize options on my system.

Are you on Mac or stable Win release (not beta)? Be patient. This feature will be coming to you soon.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:02 PM

Windows.  Logos Bible Software 4.2 SR-2

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:41 PM

Michael Anda:
Windows.  Logos Bible Software 4.2 SR-2

Michael, I think Rosie is having the same problem I am having trying to remember what feature is in what release. Showing updates on the Home Page is a feature of the 4.2a Beta not 4.2 SR-2. I misspoke when I mentioned it as being available now in the release version. It is not. Just to give a sample here is a screen shot from it on my beta installation Home Page today:

It will also post a notice about updating the software, as well, as this shows:

Just a little more patience needed for everyone to see this feature on their Home Page.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:07 PM

Mark A. Smith:
Michael, I think Rosie is having the same problem I am having trying to remember what feature is in what release. Showing updates on the Home Page is a feature of the 4.2a Beta not 4.2 SR-2.

Just for the record, no I'm not confused about this. I asked him if he was using either the Mac version or the stable Win version, because if he was, that would explain why he couldn't see the last updated info in the Home Page. I knew it was new in the 4.2a beta. I might not have communicated my question clearly enough, though. What was being talked about earlier in this thread -- the Last Updated column in the Library -- was new in 4.2.

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2011 11:03 AM

Rosie Perera:
Just for the record, no I'm not confused about this.

Sorry, Rosie. I lost track of the questions and the responses.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS