Grasping God's Word

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 1 2011 1:08 PM

I intend to use this book next trimester in an experimental exegesis class for upper class beginners. ("Experimental" because I want to do something a bit different from the normal routine.) I've been reading this book on and off for several months because it impresses me.

Today (1Feb11), the electronic edition of Grasping God's Word showed up in the Zondervan Hermeneutics Collection -- a miracle in itself as sometimes I get the electronic edition after the fact...heheh.

Wow! I discovered something unique that I didn't see mentioned anywhere. I can actually enter text in the Assignment blocks and it stays there until I delete it! Talk about a nifty teaching tool!! It'll save me almost 100 PowerPoint slides or about 10-15 hours of work in preparing examples, etc.!

Thank you, LOGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 448
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2011 1:55 PM

I also have a hard cover copy of Grasping God's Word and hoping Logos would make it available. It is an excellent book.

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2011 3:00 PM

This is a fantastic feature! I would love to see this in all "Bible Study" books going forward (and back Big Smile ), but even more importantly, working on the Mac version!

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:05 AM

Dr. Charles A. Wootten:

I intend to use this book next trimester in an experimental exegesis class for upper class beginners. ("Experimental" because I want to do something a bit different from the normal routine.) I've been reading this book on and off for several months because it impresses me.

Today (1Feb11), the electronic edition of Grasping God's Word showed up in the Zondervan Hermeneutics Collection -- a miracle in itself as sometimes I get the electronic edition after the fact...heheh.

Wow! I discovered something unique that I didn't see mentioned anywhere. I can actually enter text in the Assignment blocks and it stays there until I delete it! Talk about a nifty teaching tool!! It'll save me almost 100 PowerPoint slides or about 10-15 hours of work in preparing examples, etc.!

Thank you, LOGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless

{charley}

I was wondering if this was the same thing as the workbook that goes along with Grasping God's Word, I am planning on getting this book with my Christmas Cash so I wanted to know a bit more on how it works in Logos 4. Can the font or color of the text for the assignments be changed. It would be nice to be able to readily distinguish what I write.Thanks for any info!

Blessings,

Philana

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS