M’Cheyne Chart of Daily Bible Readings

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 9 2009 10:25 AM

Do you think it would be possible to ask that the M’Cheyne Chart of Daily Bible Readings is included amongst the Lectionary/Reading plan part of the Logos Start Page. I know that this is available through The Love of God Collection by D. A. Carson, but it would be nice to have the schedule readily available for those of us who like to use it.

Cheers!

Posts 33766
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2009 11:11 AM

Stephen Thorp:

Do you think it would be possible to ask that the M’Cheyne Chart of Daily Bible Readings is included amongst the Lectionary/Reading plan part of the Logos Start Page. I know that this is available through The Love of God Collection by D. A. Carson, but it would be nice to have the schedule readily available for those of us who like to use it.

Cheers!

It's always possible to ask but it appears that Logos publishes lectionaries provided by organizations that they in some way have partnered with. Otherwise, the lectionaries are provided by individuals on the forums.  It appears that the M’Cheyne Chart of Daily Bible Readingsis available in electronic form with lots of online options. http://www.edginet.org/index.php?tab=mcheyne It should be fairly easy to convert.to Libronix. I have a few others items stasked up to do but if no one picks this up, I might do so for you.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2009 7:51 AM

That would be really great and much appreciated - if you ever get the time! But no hassle! I wouldn't know how to go about it!

Don't you think this might be something that Logos could offer, or would it not be profitable enough?

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2009 9:05 AM

Stephen Thorp:

That would be really great and much appreciated - if you ever get the time! But no hassle! I wouldn't know how to go about it!

Don't you think this might be something that Logos could offer, or would it not be profitable enough?

It exists, I have it as a Reading Plan, I think, from this site: http://www.stilltruth.com/blog/tcblack/libronix-bible-reading-plans

You should be able to change the year for 2009.

Bohuslav

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2009 9:34 AM

I don't know why, but the M'Cheyne plans at stilltruth.com are different from the 4-column in the D.A.Carson's book. I've checked three files that are there.

A note to those who one to edit the plans: open them in a plain text editor (like Notepad) and do search-and-replace of the year. Do that before opening the plan in Libronix.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2009 10:12 AM

Hi,

I think I'm the one who originally created the M'Cheyne reading plans. I don't know if these are the ones that ended up on still truth but they look suspiciously familiar.

The reason I did the ones in the  I supplied in the 3 plan format was because the person who provided me with the lists, provided me with 3 lists. I converted them to a reading plan.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2009 10:20 AM

Clinton,

As I recall, it was you who provided those for me and others a loooonnnnnggggg time ago... thanks again...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS