Request: Add ability to sort and reorder guide templates in Guides menu

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 7 2011 12:37 PM

I'm adding this here so that I can provide a screenshot to link to from UserVoice.

This is really getting annoying the more guide templates I create. The list is sorted by order created, and there is no way to sort them alphabetically or drag and reorder the list. I might want to order it by most frequently used or whatever.

Please add this ability. Otherwise my Guides list is a mess. It's not easy to see where there are redundancies that need to be cleaned up, and it takes too long to visually scan the list looking for the guide I want to open.

Thanks!

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2011 12:42 PM

Added to UserVoice. Please vote if you can spare a vote and want this feature.

Posts 26021
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2011 12:45 PM

Rosie Perera:
Please vote if you can spare a vote and want this feature.

I agree with you that this should be done ... I think we need alternatives to all the lists ordered by "last used". Unfortunately, I can't spare a vote at this time.Sad

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2011 12:52 PM

Yes +1 on the sort request!

MJ. Smith:
Unfortunately, I can't spare a vote at this time.Sad
Again I concur.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 1:45 AM

I know what a layout is but I've no idea about guides. Nonetheless, ive added two votes for you :-)

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 2:08 AM

Rayner:

I know what a layout is but I've no idea about guides. Nonetheless, ive added two votes for you :-)

Hi Rayner,

Thanks! That's very generous of you.

Guides are really helpful aspects of Logos's feature set, worth learning about. They automate tasks that can take you a long time to do manually. Here's a great intro video that covers (among other introductory stuff) the three main types of guides that were introduced in Logos 4 -- Passage Guides, Exegetical Guides, and Bible Word Studies. http://www.logosbiblesoftwaretraining.com/videos/first-steps/  More on Passage Guide, Exegetical Guide, and Bible Word Study Guide. And an "all you ever wanted to know about..." reference page for Exegetical Guide. Ditto for Bible Word Study. The one for Passage Guide isn't nearly as detailed. But there's more on guides here, and how to customize them here and here and here.

Since Logos 4, they've also added Topic Guides and Sermon Starter Guides.

Have fun. It's a big learning curve, but you'll find it worth the time spent up front, to save you time down the road.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS