feature to select verses from a search/concordance

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2009 11:02 AM

George Somsel:
I've been noting how many indicate that they use Powerpoint or attend where it is used.  Not to get too critical since this is a personal matter, it seems to me that Powerpoint detracts from the service (also, I would never take a computer to church unless it was to a meeting outside the Nave).  I have a very good friend who is a Fundy, and I've attended his church where they use Powerpoint a number of times.  It just doesn't seem right.  I wouldn't walk out of a church because they use Powerpoint, but I might not return.  Am I the only one who feels this way?  I suppose I'm just an old fogey -- at 38 too!

I am sorry George to disappoint you... I preach from my notebook and yes, we usually have a background picture on the screen underlining the subject of the sermon Smile

Now, before you switch me off, just to explain: I use my laptop since I found I am not able to read my notes (I am 50). I can read easily the screen on the laptop. I stopped however to show the Bible texts for the church, I like them to use their Bibles, if that helps me to get at least some points with you... Cool

Bohuslav

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS