What is wrong with this Syntax search?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4703
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 14 2011 7:45 AM

I am looking at Matthew 5:13 and I was trying to search for any place there was an adjunct that used a prepostion and pronoun. Initially I had the lemma specified as well. When it returned 0 results (including Matt. 5:13) I removed the lemmas and just searched the appropriate morph codes. It still returns 0 results in the opentext database. I tried a search in the Cascadia database and it returned 0 results as well. I have the "Matching skips levels checked for the CC. I must be missing something; can anyone identify what it is?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 7:53 AM

You aren't displaying the whole Graph, notice that there are dotted lines in your display... add the other terms to mimic or turn on matching skips levels (on Words 1&2)

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 8:00 AM

I just did your query with matching skips levels on Word 1 and Word 2 and I got 2736 results including Matt 5:13...

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 8:05 AM

Fred only had the matching skips levels on the Clause Component which doesn't do anything because there is nothing to the left of it/above it.

Posts 4703
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 9:25 AM

Thanks Kevin and Dominic. I had the matching skips levels in the wrong place.

I went back and adjusted it and added the lemmas I orginally wanted, back in and got results I could use.

Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS