Searching highlighted text

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 20 2011 6:13 PM

I can't remember whether a practical solution to this exists; I have a resource with a lot of highlights (all same color). Is there a practical way that I can get a list of all the highlighted text in a search result?I don't think * really works, that will match too many times in each phrase, right?

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 20 2011 6:28 PM

I am not a search expert, but one way is to to select the resource in your search, then select the search field, which will contain that highlight.  Then enter a list of common words, such as   a,the,and,but,for,we,you,he,to,by,of,I,not.  That may not give you every reference, but should give you most of them.  The search is a lot faster than a wildcard search.  Ask if you need additional information and let me know how it turned out.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 9:03 AM

Thanks Jerry, I tried that search on your recommendation and it found all the highlights. There are two problems which cause it not to really add anything beyond me just scrolling through the resource; what I was hoping for is a search that would list each highlight individually.

What this does, is groups all the highlights by article, and then shows the searches that way. The result count is very high because of all the articles it finds in each one.  I am surprised Logos can't just supply "73 highlighted texts" and list them!  But thanks for your help anyway Jerry!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS