Turning Logos Blog Comments into Conversation

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 104
Jayson Bradley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 24 2011 8:55 AM

If you haven't read todays blog, Turning Logos Blog Comments into Conversation, it is about moving the comments from the blog and over to the forums. 

Welcome! Give us some feedback on moving blog comments into this venue. If you are new to the Logos Forums, introduce yourself. When you are done, take a look around at some the great conversations that are already happening.

Posts 7711
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 9:13 AM

Great idea - though the comment box is still displaying on the blog post. It's probably best if you can close comments on the blog post to stop that happening.

Posts 104
Jayson Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 9:15 AM

You are right, we just noticed that too. We are on it!

Posts 149
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 9:45 AM

This is a very good move, imho.  Also, I see that there have been many improvements to the organization and interlinks, etc of the Forum since I ventured here when it first started up.  At that time, it was awkward to navigate and to find things, and it seemed like at least half of the really-frequent post-ers were intent on debating doctrine and practice more than in discussing the uses of the tool.  That really put me off, and I stopped visiting as a result ... even wrote a few notes to Logos about it.

I've not wandered around much yet to see if those problems still exist ... but hopefully they are confined to sections/rooms devoted to that kind of activity, and hopefully the forum is somehow actively managed so that if that kind of stuff pops up in threads that are otherwise useful and practical, somehow it gets zapped or flagged and removed.

Re the topic of this thread ... including links from the blog ... I'm sure it will draw more people in to the Forum ... and I hope their experience is free from controversy.  Thanks, Logos!

=============
Redeeming the time (Eph.5:16+Col.4:5) ...
Jim Dean

Posts 7308
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 10:09 AM

Jayson Bradley:
Give us some feedback on moving blog comments into this venue.
 I think it's an improvement and will almost certainly speed up and multiply responses.
Jim Dean:
I've not wandered around much yet to see if those problems still exist ...
 Not as much as it used to Jim.  We discourage it.  Every once in a while it happens but it's quite rare for the most part.

Posts 10
G Richard Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 10:21 AM

Splendid development.  I expect to use it more frequently.

Posts 685
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 1:30 PM

How does the Logos Blog differ from the Forums? I have used the Forums for asking questions about Logos 4 etc. - but what does the Logos Blog usually involve?

Posts 104
Jayson Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 1:34 PM

Bill Fiess:

How does the Logos Blog differ from the Forums? I have used the Forums for asking questions about Logos 4 etc. - but what does the Logos Blog usually involve?

The Logos Blog is one forum that is part of the greater Logos Forums. We just wanted to create a specific forum for people looking to discuss blog specific thoughts and ideas. 

Posts 11
Gabriel Rodriguez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 1:46 PM

Great Idea. Count me in to check this often. Keep up the good work Logos.

Posts 336
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 2:16 PM

Bill Fiess:

Bill, the blog is a place where you can stay up on "all things Logos." We post an average of one time each day, talking about things like usability tips, sales, major announcements, product releases, etc. It's a way for Logos to communicate with everyone at once in an official capacity. And users who want to provide feedback about any of the blog posts will now be able to do so more easily in the forums.

You can subscribe to the blog by RSS feed or by email

Posts 3776
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 7:48 PM

If feedback makes a difference in keeping this change permanent, count my voice as a thumbs up!Yes

Posts 0
Terri & Keith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 12:08 AM

good, should be interesting.

Posts 4
Patches | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 3:52 AM

Will the blog post continue to appear on my home page?

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 3:56 AM

Amy E. Jones:

Will the blog post continue to appear on my home page?

It should. As I understand it Logos 4 monitors the blogs RSS feed, that's not going away.

Posts 4
Patches | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 4:08 AM

Thank you.

Posts 8464
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 4:52 AM

Philip Spitzer:

If feedback makes a difference in keeping this change permanent, count my voice as a thumbs up!Yes

I agree; here is my vote. Good to see that the puppy is back.

Posts 3776
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 6:27 AM

Jack Caviness:
Good to see that the puppy is back.

Am I that ugly or is he that cute? No abstaining or pleading the fifth in this vote.

Posts 7308
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 7:18 AM

Philip Spitzer:

Jack Caviness:
Good to see that the puppy is back.

Am I that ugly or is he that cute? No abstaining or pleading the fifth in this vote.

Neither.  I just got so used to the puppy before that I still have to look twice at the other avatar.

Posts 8464
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 12:34 PM

Philip Spitzer:
Am I that ugly or is he that cute?

Big Smile 

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS