Logos Bible Software 4.2a Now Shipping

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13372
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 2:40 PM

Nicholas Nunayon:

I am looking forward to the Bible comparison tool that was in Libronix or logos 3. The tool was thebest for me but unfortunate you have discard it in logos 4 please can you bring the tool in your next update as it gives opportunity for parallel bible versions, passage in all version, parallel passages and harmonies. where are all these tools and a lot more in logos 3.

In Logos 4 Parallel Bible Versions and Passage in All Versions have their equivalent in the Text Comparison tool, which is on the Tools menu. Parallel passages and harmonies can be accessed from the Library. Enter type:harmony in the Library to see which ones you own.

Posts 9105
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 2:48 PM

Nicholas,

Actually these tools are in Logos 4 although with some differences.

Text Comparison under the Tools Menu does what both Parallel Bible Versions and Compare Parallel Bible Versions did in L3.

Parallel Passages and Harmonies shows up in the Passage Guide under Parallel Passages. It is not a separate tool. The Harmonies are actual resources in Logos 4 not part of a tool as in Libronix.

Edit: I see Mark posted before I finished attempting. The good news is nothing has been lost.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Nicholas Nunayon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 3:03 PM

In libronix/logos 3, you can read a whole chapter or chapters in different Bibles  in different columns side by side. That is what I meant. It made it easier when studying or preaching. I hope you understand my point 

Posts 13372
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 3:18 PM

Nicholas Nunayon:
In libronix/logos 3, you can read a whole chapter or chapters in different Bibles  in different columns side by side. That is what I meant. It made it easier when studying or preaching. I hope you understand my point 

We do, and you can still do it in Logos 4 using the Text Comparison Tool (or just by opening multiple Bibles at the same time).

Posts 5
Nicholas Nunayon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 3:28 PM

Thanks. How do I do this in tools. i have been trying but it does not come out as you are view it. Please give me guidance.

Blessings

Posts 9105
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 3:47 PM

Nicholas, it would be good for you to view the tutorials Mark has put together on how to set up and use Logos. These will help you alot.

Mark used the option drag the Text Comparison pane into his layout and re-size it. Drag the small tab on the tool pane to do this. You can also open this tool in a floating window. That is an option on the tool's individual drop-down menu. That menu gives you other options you are interested in.

See Mark's videos here: http://www.4-14.org.uk/logos/tutorial-videos

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS